𝟏𝟏, 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫; 𝐘𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐚

Chapter Eleven.
The sister; Yelena Belova.

Starting over, in theory, it's simple

Starting over, in theory, it's simple. You put the past behind you, take what you learned and begin again. But it is not as easy as it sounds. Moving on means letting go. Things that are familiar, easy, safe. Things that matter. Every moment of everyday we make a choice, whether it be big or small. We are constantly making choices. We can cling to the past or embrace the inevitability of change. No matter what, new changes are coming, and it is out of anyone's control. It is only a matter of if you control it or let it control you.

"So, you think that person Rick said was living in the safe house... You think it's your sister?" Athena questioned quietly as she walked the streets of Budapest with Natasha by her side. Natasha having her gun in the back waistband of her jeans, looking around every now and then.

"It adds up. Why would the picture of her and I be there if it wasn't her who was carrying these vials? It has to be here." Natasha sighed, silently praying that she would be wrong. The last she heard of her sister... Natasha sometimes forgot she had family besides Athena and the Avengers, mainly because of what happened when they were kids. What she and her sister were put through at such a young age.

Athena noticed the slight look of distress on Natasha's face. "What exactly caused you and your sister to drift apart? How do you completely turn over a new leaf without family? I've never even heard you mention a sister."

"I thought she escaped from the Red Room when I did... I only assumed she went on living a normal life. I didn't want to cause anything by finding her, putting her in danger was the last thing I wanted. All this time... I never really thought about trying to find her, thinking she was safest away from me." Answered Natasha.

The two then got quiet as they walked into an abandoned looking building. The glass was cracked on the windows, dirt was everywhere, spiderwebs clinging to most surfaces. Athena looked around, a slight frown on her lips as she felt bad for both Natasha and her sister. The place was an absolute mess and the idea of the woman who would basically be her aunt, not biologically, of course, having to spend twenty one years way from Natasha... It was a dreaded feeling. 

Natasha and Athena rode the elevator up to the floor that was rented out as the safe house. Natasha sighed, placing her head back. Athena hugged Natasha, knowing very well that the embrace was needed. "What's this for?" Natasha questioned. "It was clear you need it, and truthfully, so do I."

"I love you, Nat." Athena told her mother like figure. "I love you, too, Athena. More than you'll ever know." Natasha responded. She let out a slight sigh of relief, although she wished Athena were with Steve or Wanda. Not because she didn't want Athena there, but because she knew the girl was safer with them.

The two walked to a door, which Natasha already began to pick so she'd be able to open the door without Athena's powers. "I know you're out there." Someone spoke out. The voice causing Natasha to freeze. Athena instantly catching on to who it was.