𝟐𝟐, 𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬

Chapter twenty two.
Panic attacks and gunshots.

It's a terrifying world that we have in front of us

It's a terrifying world that we have in front of us. People die, trusts are betrayed, things change. But change can sometimes be a good thing, you know? It can bring new experiences, new challenges, new relationships, new opportunities. Even new people. You can treat them like the enemy or like a new friend. You just have to trust and have hope that everything will turn out okay in the end.

[Earth-1]
"Did you do as told?" Clifford DeVoe questioned as he heard his wife's footsteps in the background. She approached him without saying a word. She had an ice pack on the side of her head from the injury that Athena Maximoff had caused. DeVoe sat in his thinking chair as he looked over the futuristic looking news article displayed on his screen. "The girl has her powers back. You said that would not happen." Marlene then said.

DeVoe scoffed. He did not turn around to face his wife, but spoke to her as she stood a few feet behind him. "The chances of Athena Maximoff getting her metahuman abilities back were very high as it is emotion that fuels her. You getting her angry enough for no particular reason seems to offset the patheticness of the power dampener that had been in her arm. I needed her to get her powers back."

"You said you wanted her dead to use against Barry Allen. How do you expect to do that if she now has enough power to, per say, create an alternate reality to her liking. I do not think you've thought this through, Clifford." Marlene told him, her tone was rather dry and somewhat blank.

Hearing this made DeVoe angry. Rage was clear as day in his tone as he despised the idea of being anything below a genius. "I think everything through. There would have been four hundred and thirty one negative outcomes if Athena Maximoff wanted to get her powers back naturally. I needed to change that." 

"Change it?" Marlene questioned. "You've meddled with time, haven't you?" She then added, looking at the news article that was displayed on screen. Watching it as if nervous it was going to change completely. "See, in the year 2024 there is said to be a crisis as to when The Flash vanishes. I had been reading the only part of the article I was able to find, and it states that a heroine that goes by the alias Weather Witch had been the one to assist The Flash in battle more than any other hero." DeVoe stated.

"And how exactly did you get this newspaper from the future?" Questioned Marlene with a raised eyebrow. "I had it digitally stolen from the Star Labs archives." He responded. "And if Athena Maximoff was said to assist Barry Allen in this crisis, what is it that you wanted to change?"

"She would have had to get her powers back later on. When there would be a breach of conflict on her earth. If she got her powers back when intailed then she would have been unprepared for her own battle and only assist the heros on this earth. Now that she has those abilities back she'll be able to help her friends and family on her earth and die before helping The Flash."

"That is not possible. The news article still shows that Weather Witch is The Flash's great ally in the upcoming crisis. There is no way Athena Maximoff would be dead before then. It would mess the entire timeline up." Marlene said as she tried to think through her husband's reasoning.