𝟔𝟔, 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 #𝟏

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 #𝟏.

Peter and Athena went down a staircase to some kind of basement. Strange placed himself before a mysterious bowl backed by a plinth. "So what is this place?" Asked Peter, as he looked around. "The Sanctum's built at the intersection of cosmic energy currents. We were the first to seek them out. Some of these walls are thousands of years old. And they shot an episode of Equalizer here in the 80's." Responded Strange, as he was getting what was needed for the spell.

"Well, I, umm... really appreciate you doing this for me, sir." Peter told him. "Don't mention it. And don't call me sir." Stephen told him. Peter nodded quickly. "Right. Sorry." Said Stephen. "Athena, do you want people to forget you were 'Thea Martin'?" He then asked her. Athena thought for a moment. "No." Athena responded. "Wait, seriously?" Asked Strange in shock.

"Ath, everything can go back to normal for you." Peter said to her. "It would for you. The whole 'Thea Martin' thing was in case I needed an identity. Nat had that fake ID made for me. It was Tony who created a whole backstory for 'Thea' because he had to dampen my powers and erase my memory. I will always remain Athena Maximoff, and I'm fine with that." Athena responded. "Wow. At least someone's mature here." Murmured Stephen, but Peter ignored the comment.

"You ready?" Stephen then asked Peter. Athena took a few steps back, as she wouldn't want to get in the way of the spell. "I'm ready." Peter nodded. Strange folded his hands diagonally. "Nice knowing you, Spider-Man." Said Strange. Peter glanced at the Doctor, puzzled. Strange unfolded his hand and started drawing some strange mystical drawings in the air by taking a portion of rune energy from a mandala shield in his left hand.

Athena touched the locket around her neck, the one Aspen had given her. Strange only now noticed the necklace she had been wearing. He didn't comment on it, but he recognized that necklace. Stephen Strange knew the power the necklace contained. It was then that he realized that the spell he was about to cast would not permanently affect Athena. Strange may have not been the Sorcerer Supreme, but even with the much power he hand, he wasn't sure if the spell would fully work on Athena—not while she still wore that necklace around her neck.

"Wait, excuse me?" Asked Peter as he looked back at Stephen. Athena's eyes wandered back over to Peter, only to notice he'd already been looking at her–he was clearly worried about Athena forgetting who he was. "The entire world is about to forget that Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Including me... " Said Strange—not taking his eyes off the spell. He didn't mention the necklace, as he didn't want to give false hope. Peter, now seriously concerned, walked up to Stephen and the bowl, just as the next runes formed around them, closing a circle of magical energy.

"Everyone? Can't some people still know?" Peter then asked him. "That's not how the spell works and it's very difficult and dangerous to change it mid-casting." Stephen responded, as he continued to work on the spell itself. Peter looked to see Athena had been subtly shaking her head, as if warning him to not mess with the spell. "I highly suggest you don't mess with this." Athena said, but Peter hadn't listened to her.