𝟏𝟕, 𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥

Chapter Seventeen.
Aspen Marshall.

An origin story

An origin story. You know, that thing that you get excited to hear as you learn more about a specific person. Hero or villain alike, everyone likes a good origin story, right? Now, let's say you're the one with the origin story. Not as fun depending on the story. See, some people have accidents happen to them where they end up with extraordinary abilities. Some people are born with abilities and serve a high purpose with those abilities. Or maybe, you don't get abilities at all. You are trained, or self taught. No matter what, we hall have an origin story. Some may be more interesting than others. It's how we go about that story that truly impacts us now, today. 

"Stop. Stop! I didn't do anything, I swear!" Aspen groaned out in pain as she felt the knife blade cut down her bare arm. "They don't know?" Questioned the man who stood over Aspen. An evil, cold gare fixed on his facial expression. "No, they don't know. Athena Maximoff's identity is still not known to anyone and neither is Peter Parker's. I haven't exposed them. I would never do that unless told to." 

Aspen looked down at the scar that was beginning to form on her arm. Her artificial superhuman healing had kicked in to help her, but didn't completely heal her. She was never able to get healed fully as the powers given to her never truly worked as expected as she was not born with them, or given them accidentally. She didn't have that superhero or vigilante origin story. She was just a girl that was taken from her home and run tests on in the facility, Augustine. 

That was how she met Athena Maximoff, that was the first she ever laid eyes on the metahuman. It was envy that flooded through Aspen's head as Athena suffered, but only to a certain degree. Truth be told, Aspen didn't even know half the story. She didn't know what would soon happen to Athena Maximoff the second her identity is revealed. 

***

"You got bit by a spider?" Questioned Ned as he and Peter walked down the street of New York to get to school. "Can it bite me?" Was then followed up. Peter, who had been holding his books in his hands as a result of losing his backpack, again, was listening to his friend speak in a slight amusement. 

"Well, it probably would've hurt, right?" Ned asked, tilting his head to the side. "You know what? Whatever. Even if it did hurt, I'd let it bite me... Maybe. How much did it hurt?" Peter was losing his patience by now, as Ned continued rambling. "The spider's dead, Ned."

They made it to the end of the block and saw Delmar's and how it was almost completely destroyed from the events of last night. It was black inside from the fire that had risen inside. Half the exterior was destroyed. It was a complete mess. Looking over to the side there was the bank that had gotten robbed as well. The bank owners were outside talking to a construction worker about the damage to their bank.

"You were here?" Ned asked Peter, who nodded. "Yeah..." Peter sighed. Athena had been walking down the same side walk when she stopped to see the damage, the same way may others did. Peter turned to Athena, remembering she was there last night as well. "This is insane, isn't it?" Peter said. "Well, I mean-" Ned said as he was unaware of Athena's presence until Peter elbowed him so he'd stay quiet, to which Ned scoffed.