𝟐𝟏, 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐀 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭

Chapter twenty one.
Elevator tension and a surprise visit.
a/n: bare with me because this chapter may be somewhat confusing.

You think you were chosen. The rest of society doesn't mean anything. No, not when you're a standard human. But being a meta human, alien, god or goddess, and all the other things out there doesn't give you this huge title. And yes, The Avengers and The Justice League, huey are titles for groups of extraordinary people who risk their lives to save others, but they're still people like everyone else. And although they'll seem superior, they aren't always. They were people who were in the right place at the right time. Getting powers doesn't change who you are it just amplifies you you once were, highlights the best and worst parts of you. It simply depends on how you use these abilities as to how you are highlighted. 

"Lexi," Athena said in a soft tone. Nothing. "Lexi," She repeated. Lexi was still asleep. She had been hugging a pillow with the covers of the bed half off at this point. Her dirty blonde, practically brunette hair was partially in her face as well. It was clear she'd been having a dream she didn't want to wake up from. 

After two more minutes of trying to wake Lexi up normally, Athena opened the curtains and had the rays of sunlight shine on Lexi's face. When that still did not work Athena got her phone. She went to YouTube and searched for any One Direction videos. She found an interview of theirs and highered the volume. She placed the phone's speaker to Lexi's ear. "Harry Styles-" Was heard from the phone. This sound causing Lexi to spring up and out of bed. 

Realizing Athena's tactic to get her out of bed, Lexi huffed. She threw a pillow at Athena, but she dodged it. "I'm waking you up like tha but with Taylor Swift." Lexi said as she tucked her hair behind her ear. 

"I would love that. You have to get ready. The decathlon starts in less than an hour and Liz is already going around to make sure everyone's up and ready." Athena told Lexi. "Oh, damn it. I was forgetting this trip involved me actually having to be productive and whatever." 

"Yeah, and you dragged me here, too, so I'm gonna make sure you answer the most questions." Athena smiled. Lexi shook her head, then walked into the bathroom to get ready. Athena looked through her phone and saw Peter Parker's contact name in her phone. She had this feeling corse through her that made her feel like something was wrong, that he needed help of some kind, but she didn't know how to help him when he was always disappearing on her and everyone else.

Athena opened the door of her and Lexi's hotel room and almost immediately slammed into Michelle Jones, who had been passing by with a book in her hand. The book fell from Michelle's hands, causing her to mutter something under her breath. Standing back up, Michelle realized it was Athena. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" Athena said, but got cut off by Michelle, "It's whatever. Unlike most other losers, you didn't do it on purpose. I still dislike you by two percent as you couldn't take a compliment." 

"Are you two girls ready to go?" Liz questioned as she walked up to them. Michelle looked down at her watch. "We still have forty seven minutes." She said. "But are you ready?" Liz turned to Athena as Michelle was giving her that 'duh' look. "Yeah. Lexi's almost ready, too. So no need to worry." Athena responded.