𝟒𝟔, 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬

Chapter Forty Six.
Sidewalk talks.

Steve was sat outside the Avengers Compound, staring at the floor, deep in thought

Steve was sat outside the Avengers Compound, staring at the floor, deep in thought. He looked beat, the only possibility of victory now not an opportunity. He then looked up as a deafening noise breaks the silence in the distance. As he looked, an Audi R8 was seen speeding towards the entrance. The car pulls over to Steve, but goes a bit too far, then reverses back to Steve. It was Tony Stark who rolled down the window and looked over to Steve.

"Why the long face? Let me guess: He turned into a baby." Tony said in a slight mocking tone. "Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?" Steve nodded as he spoke. He got out of the car, and walked around to the back. Tony ignored Steve's question, "That's the EPR Paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody should've cautioned you against it."

"You did." Steve reminded him. "Oh, did I?" Questioned Tony, acting like he did not; there's the Tony that is known. "Thank God I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it." Tony said, as he held up his right hand, with a device on it. "A fully functioning Time-Space GPS. I just want peace." He said, making a peace sign with his fingers. "Turns out, resentment is corrosive, and I hate it." Tony told him. "Me too." Said Steve.

"We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities: Bring back what we lost? I hope, yes. Keep what I got? I have to, at all costs. And... maybe not die trying will be nice." Tony then spoke. "Sounds like a deal." Steve said, as he reached out his hand to shake in the deal, in which Tony replied in the same way. Tony reached back into his trunk to pull something else out, Captain America's Shield. He makes to give it to Steve, who hesitated.

"Tony I don't know..." Steve trailed off. "Why? He made it for you." Tony said, referring to Howard Stark. "Plus, honestly I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding." He then added. Steve fits his arm into the shield. "Thank you, Tony." He nodded. "Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team." Tony said hesitantly, "...We are getting the whole team, yeah?" Steve nodded, "We're working on that right now."

***

The Benatar landed in the yard of the Avenger's Compound. Scott was sitting having a taco and some nachos at a bench, and everything falls out of the taco as the Benatar lands. Nebula and Rocket walked out of the ship, and passed Scott.

"Hey, humie! Where's Big Green?" Said Rocket. "Uh, Kitchen, I think." Scott responded rather murmured. He then sees Nebula, "That's awesome." He said. Into an earpiece, Nebula said, "Rhodey, careful on re-entry. There's an idiot on the landing zone." She then walked away. Moments later, just as Scott is getting back to his senses, Rhodey lands right in front of him without warning. This time Scott is so surprised, he drops the whole taco.

"Oh, God!" Exclaimed Scott as he saw Rhodey. "What's up, regular sized man?" Said Rhodey. As Rhodey then walked away, Bruce walked out of the Compound. Seeing that Scott dropped his lunch, he hands two tacos from his own lunch to Scott. Scott takes it while giving Bruce a puzzling look at this act of kindness.