𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞.

Athena Maximoff had made it back to New York City. She roamed the streets of the city that never sleeps. It was later in the afternoon. With Hayward being taken into custody and Jimmy being the new head of S.W.O.R.D, both Jimmy and Monica agreed that Athena wouldn't have any charges pressed against her, as she was technically working with S.W.O.R.D to get Wanda to destroy the Westview hex. Athena had her memories that Strange had erased, as she merged Wanda's power with Strange's to keep her memories after the hex was destroyed.

Athena had her coat on, as it had been December, and it was freezing in New York. Athena wasn't sure where Peter Parker lived, as she now recalled May Parker's death, so Peter no longer lived in that apartment complex. She tried calling Lexi, but there was no answer—Athena assumed Lexi got a new phone, as the number was no longer in service. Noah was a no go, as it went straight to voicemail. Athena checked Noah's instagram, and saw he'd posted a story from the rooftop of a building, so Athena was trying to find that building so she could meet up with him.

She screenshotted the story and then zoomed in on the photo. Athena knew that rooftop looked familiar, but she couldn't quite place it. Athena walked into an alleyway of a bakery. She moved her hands around and had her casual clothes fabricate into her new super suit. Athena used her powers to fly upwards and looked around the city of New York. "Look! It's the Cosmic Witch!" Someone shouted from the ground. Athena glanced down and waved at them, as she hadn't publicly announced her new alias, again.

Athena flew over a few buildings, as she looked for Noah. It was after a few dozen buildings that Athena saw Noah on the rooftop of Caroline's apartment complex. Athena mentally face palmed. "How could I be so stupid?" Athena murmured, as she then flew down towards the rooftop. She landed on the roof and then had her suit fade away so she was in normal clothing. Noah spit out the water he'd been drinking and stood up from the folding chair he had been sitting in. 

"There's the dramaticness I've missed." Athena said with a half smile. It was then that the door to the roof opened and Lexi walked outside. Her mouth dropped, as she stumbled back seeing Athena. Both Lexi and Noah looked stunned to see Athena again. "Why do you guys look like you've seen a ghost?" Asked Athena. "Because we thought you... Died." Noah murmured. "What? Why?" Athena asked. "We got an email from some agent guy named Hayward, I think. The email stated that Athena Maximoff was dead and wouldn't be coming back." Lexi responded.

"Hayward, you son of a bitch." Athena muttered. She looked over to her friends, and it was only then that she realized how much had changed since the last time she saw them. Both Noah and Lexi seemed to have matured, but lost their spark of chaos that made them so fun to be around. Truth be told, they looked dull. Noah grew out his hair, so it was no longer a buzz cut like when they first met. His facial expressions were not overly dramatic like before, as he was now more bland. Lexi had cut and dyed her long dirty blonde hair, so it was now shorter than shoulder length and was simply brunette.