Chapter 4 - The Feast of Death Roll

Claire Kinsley's POV

"Claire Kinsley! Are you on death roll? Just look at the ridiculous amount of food that you have ordered!" Nicki exclaimed.

"I can't help being a food therapy junkie, it's the only way to make me feel better. So stop being a wet blanket, and start digging in," I explained to Nicki while sending food into my mouth with each munch.

"Alright..." Nicki rolled her eyes as she picked up her cutleries.

Then she went on ranting incredulously at me, "I don't understand why are you so afraid of Liam? Don't you know how popular he is back then when we first entered Harvard as freshmen? Do you have any idea how many girls are crushing so hard on him just by his charming good looks? What's more, he is also the legendary valedictorian of our faculty to have sustained a full GPA score ever. Seriously... where else can you find such a man with a twin package deal of brains and good looks? He might seem aloof on the surface, but how does that make you so afraid of him? If I were his childhood playmate, I would have long pounced on him!"

I waved the fork in my hands to dismiss those compliments of Liam that she mentioned, "Eww... He is nothing more than just an irksome elder brother to me. He is one hell of a control freak, a crazy one to be exact"

I quivered at the thought of Liam.

"You can have him to yourself if you want," I giggled.

"Ya right... I'm obviously out of his league." Nicki rolled her eyes as she giggled too.

"In fact, it seems like he has never dated any girls, could he be gay?" Nicki threw in a random question and that got me spurting out the food in my mouth.

We both chortled at how this thought never crossed our mind until now.

"Why don't you date a boyfriend then? In that way, Liam would be in no place to control you," Nicki suggested.

I shook my head and exasperated, "You think I never had that thought? As much as I want to, I have never had any suitors, let alone any chance at dating."

"You have always been the belle of our faculty, now that you mentioned about it, it is weird that you have never had a single suitor for this past five years." Nicki raised this perplexing thought.

"Forget it..." I sighed as I washed down my sorrow with yet another cup of sake.

Suddenly, I received a strike of elbow nudge from Nicki with much exhilaration as she whispered to me, "Oh my gosh, you really need to check out your 12 o'clock, there's a freaking hot dude!"

However, as of now, between checking out hot dude and feasting upon plates of delicious food, I would say the latter is more tempting.

"Yea, yea," I gave her a perfunctory nod and continued to dig in.

"I'm serious! He is standing tall at... at least 6.5ft? Muscular with a well-toned body... Oh! Just look at that face of his, well-chiselled jawline with a litter of stubbles and that deep set of eyes accentuated with that thick brows. Gosh...! He is so cute yet every ounce of him seems to ooze out sexiness too, this has definitely gotta be my lucky day!" Nicki continued to gush with exhilaration as she checks out that "hot dude".

I stuck out a paper napkin straight into her face, and that finally cut her off from rattling on as she slapped my hand away annoyingly, "What's this for?"

"Your drool of lust, Madam!" I laughed.

"How dare you!" Nicki retaliated my sarcastic remark at her man-craziness by tickling me at the most vulnerable point of my body - my waist.

The tickling came to a sudden halt and Nicki whispered to me nervously as she covered her face with one hand, "Oh my gosh! He was looking at us, he just smiled at us. I think he is walking over towards us now!"

"Alright, alright, let me check if he is really the prince charming for you," I continued to joke. But just as I was about to raise my head to check out Nicki's hot dude, my phone rang and so I quickly ravaged through my bag to pick up the call with food still munching in my mouth, "Hello?"

"Do you have any idea what time is it now?" Liam asked and I could already feel the chill from just the coldness emanating from his tone.

Shit! It's way past the curfew that Liam set and I completely lost track of time as I got wiled away with the table of a feast.

I broke into a state of cold sweat and panic just by the very threatening voice of his.

"You have 15 minutes from now to get home, otherwise..." before Liam could even finish his sentence, I hung up on him and stood up immediately as I tossed out the payment required for the bill on the table.

"Nicki, Liam is after my life now! I'm sorry but I really need to go now, Ciao!" I bid goodbye to Nicki frantically.

"Hey, hey, don't you dare! You ain't going anywhere until you finish this table of feast!" Nicki pulled me down by my elbow.

"I'm really sorry! Forgive me this time, oh and ask for a takeaway if you really can't finish it." I apologised to Nicki in contrite before I managed to loosen myself from her grip.

"Hold on! Your bag!" Nicki tossed my bag over to me.

"Oh ya! Thanks, Nicki!" I sling my bag over my shoulder and grabbed a Maki Roll before I jet my way out hurriedly.

Nicki Madera's POV

I felt full immediately the moment my vision returned to the table of feast upon me.

Darn it Claire, even if I did a takeaway for all this food, I don't think I could even finish them for days...

Suddenly, I recalledabout the hot dude who was walking towards us earlier on. I darted my visionaround frantically for the sight of him but he was nowhere to be seen. I heldmy head in dismay and shot my dismay to Claire with much-needed sarcasm througha text to her, "Thanks Claire, I missed out on my prince charming!"