Chapter 16 - Les Saveur

Claire Kinsley's POV

The next day when I woke up, I didn't felt any discomfort so I guess it was probably because of fatigue.

I went back to work but I made every effort to avoid Liam at all cost even though he was trying hard at every opportunity initially, eventually he got the hint and stopped doing so.

After a long day at work, I was surprised to see Scott outside the hospital.

"Scott? Why are you here?" I walked over to him and asked.

He jolted up at my call and replied, "I was worried about you, especially after last night, so I thought of dropping by to check on you,"

I was touched at his concern for me.

"Don't tell me you have been waiting the whole day for me?" I asked jokingly.

His eyes shifted with no response.

"You could have called me, I'm so sorry... I didn't know." I gasped, feeling apologetic about his wait for me.

"No, don't apologise, it's okay," he reassured me with his ever soothing and gentle voice.

This made me started feeling guilty about having Scott as my fake boyfriend, especially after what happened last night. I'm embarrassed for the inconvenience and the trouble I put him through. As such, I thought of treating him to a dinner to compensate him.

"Could I treat you to a dinner tonight? I just thought of making up to you for what happened last night," I suggested to Scott.

"Oh you don't have to," Scott rejected.

"No, please, let me feel better towards you at least..." I bit my lips and pleaded.

"Alright," He shook his head as he broke into a grin.

I hopped into his car and started ransacking through my brain for a nice dinner place.

"Would you like to try Les Saveur restaurant for dinner?" I asked as I put on my seat belt. This is a famous Michelin restaurant that had been strongly recommended by food critics.

Strangely, Scott stoned for a brief moment upon hearing it before he nodded and reply, "Yea, sure."

However, Scott continued to behave strangely when we reached the restaurant. He had his head held low throughout till we were brought to our table by the waiter, behaving sheepishly in fact.

"Scott? Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yea, I'm fine," He replied with a wry smile.

Despite that reassurance, I still feel something is fishy about his behaviour. However, I did not press on since he doesn't want to admit it. He continued to have his head cocked stiffly away from the sight of the waiter.

"I would like to have the White Wine Mussels please," I placed my order with the waiter.

"Madam, I apologise that this dish is not available today," The waiter informed.

"What? Why?" I gasped in disbelief.

The waiter cleared his throat and said, "This specialty dish is only prepared by our head chef, but he is not here today, so..."

I sighed heavily in dismay, after all, I had so much anticipation to try out this highly raved specialty dish.

"Is there any way the other chefs can do this dish for us please?" I pleaded with one last attempt.

I guess I had placed the waiter in a difficult spot and he seemed certainly uneasy.

"I'm sorry, Madam, but..." The waiter was cut off by Scott.