Chapter 12 : wedding dresses

A/N: Here is the next chapter! Have fun reading!!!! <3<3<3

I wake up the next morning by a hand on my cheek. As I look up, I find Mateo stroking it.

What is this bastard doing here!?

He first left me coldly the other night and now he is here... being so warm and kind...

I sit up, slapping his hand away and I immediately regret it...

"Sorry!" I say quickly.

He just stares at me, looking over my face. His hand goes to my neck and he squeezes a little. I stay still, scared yet exciting what he would do... would he kiss me? Or is he going to hurt me?

"You were... crying?" he asks me in a deep voice.

I nod and I feel his grip tightens.

Shit! Are my eyes red? Or did my mascara run out?

I didn't mean to cry yesterday but I just couldn't help it... he left me... like everyone in my life...

I feel the pain in my chest from 13 years ago...

My parents were everything to me... they were my reason to stay alive but now...now they are gone I still don't know why I'm here...

The last memory I got from them was when my mom drove me to school, we were arguing about what we would eat while my dad was on his phone, calling who know who... but it was something about his work... I know that for sure... he said something about money and shares...

"Emily!?" Mateo says and I cut off my memory.

I look at him, confusing coating his beautiful face....

I hide my face, feeling it warm up and turning my head away but the hand gripping my neck a few minutes ago, grip my chin.

I look at him again, in his dark yet cold eyes...

"Go wash yourself! We need to talk!" his head comes closer to my face and I think he is going to kiss me, so I part my lips but last minute he turns away, standing up and goes out of the room.

He doesn't give me a second glance as he stalks out.

I walk into the living room and notice two big guys standing behind Mateo. I also see that Mateo just put his gun back into his jacket.

That was weird... and who are those guys anyway?

I stalk over to them and Mateo turn around, he freezes in track as his eyes roam over my body. I just wear a regular shirt and some shorts. Nothing special. Maybe it's too short? I show off my thighs a little, and I also don't wear a bra..

I blush a little as he keeps looking at me.

"Mateo...?" I ask and he comes back to reality.

He clears his throat and begins to talk. "Emily, meet Kevin and James, your new bodyguards" and I stare at the guys.

Kevin is a big guy who is slightly a few inches bigger than Mateo and is also more muscular, he has blond hair and brown eyes; he also wears a black tuxedo and has a pair of glasses in his hand... James is not a very muscular like Kevin but he at least is stronger than me, he also wears a black tuxedo but he wears his pair of glasses, so I can't see his eyes.

"Nice to meet you" I say, smiling to them but they don't return it back...sad... "But... why do I need them anyway?" I ask, standing a little awkwardly on my feet.