Chapter 7

"So when were you going to tell me you had a friend!" His mom exclaimed happily yet loudly making Emerson jump up from his bed.

"Jeez, at least knock. Also, he and I just became friends today so I didn't have time to tell you." Emerson answered.

"What happened to not having friends because they have a god complex?" She asked teasingly. "He's... I don't know, different? He's genuine, sure a bit egotistical but not in a bad way." A smile overtook his mother's face.

"Aw! You look so happy talking about him. When am I going to meet him? Is he handsome? Do you like him? Wait are you gay?" She asked and Emerson's eyes widened before furrowing his eyebrows.

"No, I don't like him like that. I don't know my sexuality all I know is I never had a crush. If I was gay, I'd tell you." Emerson said and his mom smiled softly.

"If you were gay, I'd support you. Besides, this guy sounds amazing, what's his name?" She asked, and Emerson answered by saying "Lucas"

"I'm so happy for you, he's welcome any time," She said with a smile and Emerson nodded.

"Are you hungry? I'll make dinner" Emerson nodded. "Just a bit" She nodded before leaving, closing the door on her way out.

Emerson sat down on his bed, a few seconds later feeling his phone vibrate. He grabbed his phone and saw Lucas texted him.

lucas: hi :)

emerson: hello

lucas: i got home safely
incase you were wondering

emerson: i
wasn't.

lucas: ouch you wound
me, anyways are you
excited to sit with me
at lunch tmr? ;)

emerson: not
necessarily

lucas: if you keep saying
things like that, i
might just think you
don't like me

emerson: oh wow!
would you look at
that, you're not
dumb!

lucas: .. are you
being sarcastic rn?

emerson: now why
would you think   
                                                  that?

lucas: not sure 🤔

emerson: oh...

lucas: im kidding!
i'm not that dumb,
i can tell when
someone is being
sarcastic 🙄

emerson: shocker.

lucas: rude

emerson: i was
joking btw, i don't
dislike you

lucas: i'm blushing
rn

emerson: i take it
back.