Chapter 33

"I'm in like the best mood ever, we should do something fun today if you're up for it," Lucas said as they left the school grounds.

"Sure, but what would we do?" Emerson asked while driving.

"How fun do you consider dying hair?" Lucas asked, and Emerson smiled.

"You'd let me dye your hair?" Emerson inquired, and Lucas nodded. "That'll be great!"

"Okay, drive to Walmart," Lucas said and Emerson raised an eyebrow. "You wanna go to Walmart with our uniforms?" They asked and Lucas shrugged at that.

"Why not? We can buy the hair dye, then straight to mine and I can give you something to wear." Emerson thought about it for a second, before nodding and starting to drive towards the nearest Walmart.

- -

"Hm, which color should I do now?" Lucas thought aloud as she was looking towards the different colors.

"Are you gonna do permanent or semi-permanent?" Emerson asked and Lucas pressed his lips in a flat line, thinking deeply about that.

"I'm not sure, I just need a color that brings out my eyes? What color do you think would match well by gray eyes?" Lucas asked curiously, looking at Emerson.

"Maybe dark blue? I think dark blue suits many eye colors." Emerson suggested and Lucas nodded in agreement.

Lucas looks around and picked up two Garnier hair dye colors. "Which blue?" Emerson looked at both of them before looking back to Lucas.

"What's the difference?" Emerson asked, failing to see the difference between the boxes. "This is midnight iris, and this one is blue curaçao hair color."

Emerson furrowed their eyebrows before saying "Uh, the midnight iris one." Lucas nodded.

"Good choice, I have leftover bleach powder and developer from the last time I bought, come on, let's go and pay," Lucas said as they held their hand and started walking towards the cashiers.

"Wait, do you mind that I'm holding your hand in public?" Lucas said, as he reluctantly let go of Emerson's hand. Though, in return, Emerson grabbed Lucas's hand, intertwining them.

"No, I don't mind." They answered with a smile. "Cameron was right, we are saps. Especially you" Emerson rolled their eyes. "And the moment is ruined," They said, yet they weren't letting go of her hand.

"Your actions say otherwise." Emerson chuckled lightly, a faint yet genuine smile never leaving their lips.

- -

"Finally, we've arrived. Come on, let's go get changed" Lucas said before going to the kitchen and grabbing aluminum foil, and then heading towards his room.

Arriving at Lucas's room, she immediately placed the hair dye on top of the cabinet before getting the bleach powder, developer, and aluminum foil and placing it beside the dye.

Then, opened one of the cabinets and took a pair of sweatpants and gym shorts. "Which one?" Lucas asked, displaying the two of them, and Emerson pointed to the sweatpants. In return, Lucas threw the pair of sweatpants at them.

Lucas then opened another cabinet and grabbed two tank tops, one dark blue, and another one that was a black bleached tank top.

Lucas handed Emerson the dark blue one. "Change here, and I'll be in the bathroom." Emerson nodded. Afterward, Lucas started walking towards the bathroom, locking the door.

Emerson quickly got changed, they were extremely comfortable. "You're done, right?" Lucas asked, and Emerson said a quick "I am." Before the bathroom door opened.

"Grab the things and get in here," Lucas said, before sitting down on the covered toilet. Emerson grabbed the dye, bleach powder, developer, and aluminum foil and headed towards the bathroom.

"Open that cabinet on the top left and there are gloves in there." Emerson complied, took out two pairs of gloves, and slipped them on.

"And in the cabinet under the one you just opened, there's a bowl, and a weird brush thing, take it out" They took out the bowl, and handed it towards Lucas.

Lucas grabbed the bleach powder and put some in the bowl before adding the developer. She mixed it with the hair coloring brush, and once it was mixed well, they handed it back to Emerson.

"Here, but before you bleach my beautiful hair, grabbed the Vaseline in front of the mirror," Lucas said as he grabbed the scrunchie that was on their wrist and put half of her hair up in a small bun. Emerson gave the Vaseline and handed it to Lucas.

Lucas opened it, and put some near his hairline, back of his neck, and ears before placing it back on the counter.

"Okay, you can start now." Emerson nodded with a smile. They felt excited since this was their first time dying someone's hair.

Emerson started on the side that wasn't tied up, Lucas was just stating random facts about Venus as Emerson was bleaching sections of her hair, and wrapping it with aluminum foil.

After what felt like an hour, they finished. "How long are you gonna leave it like that?" Emerson asked, as Lucas cracked his back and sighed contentedly.

"When my hair turns around a platinum blonde color." Emerson nodded. "So what do we do in the meantime?"

"Eat! Lizzie should almost be home, so I'll cook"

"Okay," Emerson replied, both of them going out of the bathroom, out of the room, and down to the kitchen.

Once they were at the kitchen, Emerson asked "What are you gonna cook?" Not knowing how to respond Lucas shrugged before sighing.

"I don't know, maybe ravioli? I think there's a frozen box of them in the freezer, I can add some sauce and things to make it better." Lucas suggested, and Emerson nodded in response.

"Aright, just grab three plastic plates," Lucas said before opening the freezer and taking out the frozen ravioli box.

Emerson nodded and walked towards one of the cabinets and took out three plastic plates, left them on the dining table. They leaned against the counter, as Lucas grabbed a pot, and filled it with water before putting it on the stove and turning it out. Afterward, he put the ravioli in the pot of water.

She grabbed a wooden spoon, and would occasionally stir the ravioli.

Lucas opened another one of the cabinets and took out a can of sauce, before heading towards the fridge and grabbing a few more ingredients.

- -

"And voila! Another one of my masterpieces." Lucas said, handing Emerson a plate of ravioli. "It looks good."

"But of course it does, I'm the one who made it," Lucas said as he grabbed a plate of ravioli and left it inside the microwave for Elizabeth before they both sat down on the dining table.

They both started eating, and Emerson was in awe over how amazing frozen food can actually taste.

"You know, at this point, I might just have you cooking for me all the time," Emerson said teasingly, but Lucas wasn't against the idea of cooking for Emerson, especially if it meant seeing them smile at how well she cooked.

"I wouldn't be opposed to that, butterfly," Lucas said as he continued eating.

"Good."