𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒗𝒊.

"𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊

"𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊."

"oh don't do that," i muttered, as i saw the news reporter.

"we're hoping he'll give us the reaction his daughter chose not to," she said. "his reaction to the latest attack."

she turned around quickly, and the media made a ruckus as they surrounded my dad.

he walked towards the car, doing a pretty good job at ignoring them. i thought he was going to make it, until one of the reporters asked, "mr. stark. when is somebody gonna kill this guy?"

my dad froze, with the car door halfway open.

"oh no," i muttered, a pop-tart halfway to my mouth. i took another sip of coffee as my dad faced the camera.

"is that what you want?" my dad asked. "here's a little holiday greeting i've been wanting to send to the mandarin. i just didn't know how to phrase it until now."

"oh gods, please don't," i said, shaking my head.

"my name is tony stark and i'm not afraid of you," my dad said. "i know you're a coward, so i've decided that you just died, pal. i'm gonna come get the body. there's no politics here, it's just good ol' fashioned revenge. there's no pentagon. it's just you and me. and on the off chance you're a man, here's my home address. 10880 malibu point. 90265. i'll leave the door unlocked."

"that's what you wanted, right?" my dad asked, taking the dude's phone and throwing it against the wall. "bill me."

the press exploded as he got into the car.

"oh. my. fucking. gods," i muttered. "i'm gonna kill him."