𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒙𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒊.

―✧―

"𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄'𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐘

"𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄'𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐘."

"you're lying!" annabeth looked up from her notes. "ninety-nine cent frosties in the summer are everything! did he not have a childhood?"

"wendy's was established in like 1969," i reminded her.

"oh yeah," she muttered, leaning back. "he was already a capsicle then."

the two of us were hanging out in annabeth's room, working on different things. she was trying to figure out the different uses of the mint that frank had gotten from his cousins, while i was compiling together the research on ecvs.

there was a lot to think about, including how often it was done, how strong it was, and any external factors. was there a trigger word? a trigger sound?

if i could find a way to get that information, i could try and reverse the effects of the ecvs.

clacks and clangs sounded throughout the ship, signalling that theo and leo were working in the wall. no one had any idea what they were doing, but we all let them be.

jason was in sickbay — he'd collapsed again the day piper and i returned from sparta. piper, hazel, frank, and percy had gathered in sickbay with him, playing monopoly to try and ease his mind off of the pain.

annabeth and i had begun the game with them, but were kicked out when we started emotionally manipulating the others to trade properties.

it had gotten really intense.

"if i was practicing to be an esthetician, would you let me practice my brazillians on you?" annabeth asked suddenly.

i blinked, looking up from my research, "say what now?"

"you know, if you want to be an esthetician, you need to practice and stuff, right?" she began. "so, instead of practicing on random people and potentially messing up, would you let me practice on you?"

"if you mess it up on me, that's fine?" i asked.

"it's less awkward to tell you then to tell a random person," she shrugged.

i scrunched my nose, "dude, are you even planning to be one? i thought you wanted to be an architect."

"it'd make a nice side hustle," she shrugged. "besides, it's so much easier to do it myself if i really need to."

i tried picturing it, but i could only shake my head.

"dude, you have no idea how weird that situation would be," i told her.

"how?!"

"you'd be seeing my butt cheeks!" 

"so?"

"that requires a whole 'nother level of friendship," i held my hand up. "one we haven't unlocked yet."