𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒖𝒔 𝒊𝒊𝒊.

"𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓."

"excuse me?" i shoved steve's shoulder lightly. "it's a cheesecake! it's supposed to be sweet!"

i had made a new york style, strawberry topped cheesecake for grover's birthday. he was at camp for the week to visit all of us, and i wanted to throw a little surprise party for him.

the argo ii was almost ready, and for the first time, i realized, grover wasn't going to be part of the same quest as me. i was already missing him.

steve shrugged apologetically, setting the plate down, "what can i say? i'm not a big fan of cakes. i like candy, though."

i rolled my eyes fondly.

"it tastes amazing, riley," bruce assured me. "steve's tastebuds are just a little out of date."

i laughed at bruce's comment.

"i wanna try some," clint said, reaching over the table and grabbing the slice from steve.

steve protested half-heartedly, but clint ignored him as he took a big bite of it.

a thoughtful look passed clint's face as he chewed. 

"well?" i asked, when he hadn't said anything.

"what?" clint asked.

"how does it taste?" 

"oh!" clint exclaimed. "it tastes amazing. don't know what capsicle here is on, but this is the best strawberry topped cheesecake i've had. ever."

"what's the best strawberry topped cheesecake you've had ever?" natasha asked walking into the kitchen, my dad next to her.

"this," clint pointed to the plate as he got ready to take another bite. "riley made it for her goat buddy's birthday, and it's so good."

"gimme some," she said, snatching the plate from his hands.

"hey!" clint complained, but she ignored him.

she took a bite, eyes widening as she tasted it. 

"wow," she said, going for another. "this is incredible."

"i want," my dad said, snatching it from her. "my kid made it. of course it's going to be excellent."

"taste it," i said, eager for him to try it.

he hesitantly took a bite before freezing, "this is so much better than anything you've ever cooked."

"it's a cheesecake," i told him. "you don't cook it, you bake it."

"that explains a lot," he said, going for another bite.

"what's that supposed to mean?!" i asked.

my dad froze, the cheesecake in his mouth. "nothing, nothing."

"you've had it for too long!" natasha announced, taking it back from him and eating another bite.

"my turn!" clint called, snatching it. "i get two turns because you stole mine!"

"excuse me," my dad announced. "my child made that. i have the most rights over it! hand it over legolas."

the three of them fought over the cake i had made.

"should i tell them i made a tray for home as well?" i asked bruce and steve, who were watching them fight.

steve grinned wickedly, "wait till tomorrow."

"for you, goat-boy," i handed him my present.

we'd cut the cake (which everyone loved), and now we were opening presents.

the party was extremely small. just juniper, annabeth, tyson, and i. it was near juniper's tree, and the decorations were pretty minimalistic (but beautiful).

sitting with my friends, i felt the absence of percy a lot more.

grover smiled to himself as he unwrapped the present.

it was a green friendship bracelet with a small green pendant hanging.

"it's so pretty," grover muttered, turning it over.

"bring the pendant to your eyes," i told him, trying to sit still with all the excitement bubbling up in me.

he brought it closer and laughed at the image inside.

there were a bunch of pictures. some with percy, some with annabeth, some with tyson, some with juniper, and some with all of us.

"it's magically enchanted to rotate between like a hundred pictures every hour or so," i told him. "i got cynthia to help me do it."

grover grinned, pulling me into a hug.

"i love it."

REY WRITES !

REY WRITES !

short chapter, not too proud,
but i was missing grover !

also, i love how everyone collectively
agrees riley's a horrible cook, but refuse
to tell her loll

when the intermission chap comes out,
phew, y'all are in for a treat (in a good way!)

thanks for reading !!

thoughts?

comments?

headcanons?

theories?