𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐘

"uh, reyna," percy said. "if you don't mind, i was hoping i could show riley around new rome."

reyna smiled, nodding, "of course."

"um, reyna," jason said, "i was hoping we could talk, and catch up. you know, it's been a while."

reyna shook her head sadly, "i'd love to, but i'd like to talk with annabeth, if you don't mind. we can catch up anytime later."

jason nodded, but he looked a little hurt, "sure."

"give her some time," piper whispered to him.

"um, about what?" annabeth asked reyna.

"i believe it'd be best if we discussed that in private," reyna said, leading annabeth away.

"wait," theo muttered, struggling to walk straight with the pinwheels dangling in his hair. "i need help."

"i got it," piper said, getting up. "you want me to take them out?"

"no, no," theo shook his head. "leo promised to do it later. just, hold them still while i do a spell to keep them in place."

piper did as told, and blue wisps of magic flew out of theo's hands and into the pinwheels as he chanted. each one became solid in his hair.

"woah," frank muttered in awe.

"c'mon," percy whispered to me, the two of us walking away as our friends bonded.