𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊.

―✧―

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘

seeing as he was mist, my brain didn't realize that she could actually touch him until her claws raked his chest and he stumbled back in pain.

i saw him fall back clumsily, unused to being smoke. he threw his backpack at her, but it remained smoky as it passed right through her.

akhlys snarled, crouching to spring. 

it was at that moment, my brain began to work again.

i charged, even though being made of smoke made me clumsy and off guard. i ignored the way it was hard to move, focusing on the idea that she was about to bite percy's face off.

"hey!" i yelled, right next to her ear.

akhlys hissed in my direction, lashing out towards me.

all of my survival instincts kicked in, and i rolled backwards, sidestepping easily. annabeth closed in on akhlys other side, yelling to catch her off guard and dodging. the two of us continued this for a little while, before akhlys growled and swatted annabeth away.

"wrong move," i muttered darkly, my eyes glowing as i called on my powers.

it was harder to use them in tartarus, but the only thing on my mind was the fact that i needed to save my friends. if tartarus drained my powers from me, but left my friends alive, i could handle that.

two crescents of energy lashed towards the goddess of misery, slicing her arms. she growled at me, the skin on her arms healing quickly, before lashing out again.

i ducked and dodged, sending a beam of energy in her direction, but she was anticipating it.

she sidestepped, grabbing my wrist and sending me to the ground. just as she was about to pounce, percy began to move, waving his sword around.

"hey, happy!" he yelled.

akhlys spun, dropping my arm. "happy?" she demanded.

"yeah!" percy ducked as she swiped at his head. "you're downright cheerful!"

"arggh!" 

i took advantage of the situation, crawling away to where a dazed annabeth lay. her pack was near her, and i pulled it off, trying to find something to help us.

"hey, hey, you okay?" i asked annabeth.

"ughh," she groaned, holding her head.

"you'll be fine, i promise," i told her, resting my smoky hand on top of her own. "we're gonna get out here."

i began rummaging through the pack, hoping to find something useful, while trying my best to keep and eye on both percy and annabeth — in case they needed my help.