Chapter Eighteen: The Black Sheep

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! (It's basically Christmas already, right?!?!?!?)

What's everyone looking forward to for Christmas or the holiday break???? :)

Please vote, leave lots of comments, and share this story everywhere you can! (If you post on Tik Tok about the book, make sure to tag me!!) :)

Lucius arrived at my house at eleven AM sharp. I sat at the bottom step of my stairs inside my house with my head in my hands for a few minutes, reading this whole thing.

Lucius made a point to slam down on the horn. Looked like someone didn't want to be stood up.

"Korinna, I think Lucius is here!" Gemma shouted from the kitchen, before entering the foyer with a plate of wrapped cookies. "Here, make sure his family gets these. And don't forget to watch how that storm develops tonight, alright?"

"I will, I will." I kissed her cheek. "I'll text you when I'm coming home."

Gathering my tote bag and headed out the door.

Lucius was leaning against the hood of his car with his one hand clasping his opposite wrist, looking like the impatient skull crusher that he was. His hazel eyes drifted over my outfit, and I could see the approval in them. I was wearing the dress he had picked out for me with the matching jacket, paired with my own knee-high boots and a winter coat.

"Buongiorno," Lucius greeted, opening the passenger door for me. Good morning.

"Whatever."

I slid into the car and shut the door before he could. Bitch.

Okay, so I was feeling extra salty and moody that morning, but can you blame me? Things were moving too fast with this whole arranged marriage thing, and with meeting his family now and feeling manipulated day in and day out by this stupid stronzo. And I was getting a little sick and tired of him getting the upper hand over me.

Two-hundred thousand dollars for a year of dealing with him? Give me a break. He deserved to suffer from this. I'd get that one million of it was the last thing I did.

While Lucius walked around the front of the car to the driver's, I smiled to myself as I set my tote down on the floor of the car and placed both of my thermos in his cupholders.

Lucius ducked into his vehicle, his hazel eyes immediately snagging on the pink strawberry scented car freshener on his rear-view mirror. Then he stared down at my pink and silver sparkly thermos in-between our seats.

I fluttered my lashes. "Something the matter, pumpkin?"

"Are you high?" he snarled.
"No, but clearly you are, because it smells like skunk in here."

"No way, I haven't smoked today and never would in my car." He motioned to the thermos. "What the hell are these?"

"They're thermos," I said, saying my words real slow, as if talking to an idiot, but still maintaining my sugary sweet voice. "One is for my coffee, and one is for my water. Hydration is kind of a necessity for the human body."

"Coffee is a diuretic."

"Your face is a diuretic."

He just glared at me.

I popped open his glove box and pretended to leaf through it. "Hmm, boring. I was hoping for something interesting in here––"

Lucius reached over and slammed it shut, nearly catching my hand. "Don't go through my shit."