Chapter Twenty-Three: Briscola with the Devil

DOUBLE UPDATE SCREEEEEECH!!!!!

I LITERALLY WROTE ALL DAY LONG FOR THIS LMAOOO I'M EXHAUSTED. 

PLEASE SHOW YOUR LOVE & SUPPORT BY LEAVING A BILLION COMMENTS AND VOTES AND SHARING THIS STORY XOXOXO <3333333333333333

***

            I slapped my hand on the table victoriously, the adrenaline soaring through my veins from another intense round of the trick taking card game. "Ha, I win again!"

Lucius shook his head and threw back a shot. "Damnit, bella."

My usual limit had been two victorious shots ago. Lucius offered to take my shots for me, not knowing I'd win four games in a row. He was way too prideful to say he'd reached his limit.

"Next round is a shot off water."

He scoffed, like water was the last thing he was drinking tonight. "Next round the winner gets to ask the loser three questions. Any questions they want."

"Deal."

Lucius spat in his palm and held it out to me.

"No thanks," I said.

"What if you won't answer my questions?"

I crossed my arms. "How about, we either answer a question or take off an item of clothing?"

He blew out his breath. "You sure about that one?"

"I have nothing to hide. Do you?"

A small smirk lifted his mouth. "I guess we'll have to see."

The game begun.

I slapped my hand against the table. "YES!"

"Un-fucking-believable..." Lucius poured a larger shot of vodka and downed it. He rubbed his hands together and shook himself like he was shaking off that loss. "Alright, alright I'm in the zone now. Hurry up and ask your damn questions."

"What's your favorite thing in the whole world?"

"Pussy." He didn't even have to think.

I covered my hands over my face, and Lucius stretched his arms over his head like he was so proud of himself for answering such an easy question. I tried not to stare at how the fabric of his dress shirt strained over his bulging biceps as he did so.

"You know, Lucius, there's more to life than just sex."
He made a face. "Like what? Good conversation?" Clearly, he was mocking me.

"Or eating at a nice restaurant..."

"Korinna bambina, you know guys take girls to nice restaurant for dinner for only one reason." He held up a single finger. "In hopes she'll worship his cock for dessert."

I let out an aggravated sigh. "Not all men are like that."
"Like Nicholas and his oak tree dick?"

I narrowed my eyes. "You seem to be forgetting I'm the one asking the questions."

"My apologies, principessa." He wasn't sorry. In fact, I think he was looking forward to asking me questions once he won. It made me want to choose my questions carefully.

"Does your father respect my father?" I asked.

Lucius' hazel eyes were unflinching against mine. "Of course."