Chapter 7: Mysterious Boy

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

3 years ago - sixteenth birthday party.

My father organised a massive celebration for my sixteenth birthday. He invited his mafia buddies since I had no friends except Kayla - I am pathetic, I know.

The only problem is that I don't even like huge parties and certainly not with people I don't even know.

Because she believes that I am unable to properly dress myself, Kayla dresses me up. After getting dressed and applying my makeup, we went to the large room where the other people were congregating.

My hair was hanging loose and I was wearing a beautiful black dress that came below my knees. I didn't know I had that dress in my closet but at least it's very pretty.

I glance across at Kayla, who I think was rather beautiful. Her turquoise dress, which was similarly knee-length, was on her. She had gorgeous light blue eyes and wavy blonde hair that fell in front of her face.

What I would do to look like that. But everyone is perfect in their own way right?

I take a look at all the people standing in the room, maybe they don't even want to be here. I take a firm grip on Kayla's arm not wanting to let go of her. "Kayla, I'm not sure about this. I don't even know these people." She chuckles and caresses my back.

"You don't have to talk to them." She says, but that's the least of my concerns. "But they have eyes. What if they just look at me and think what kind of pathetic person is that." I look around the massive room like a maniac.

"Please, do you know how gorgeous you are? I would literally date you." She winks and I snort, "You mean that you would date Cayden."

She laughs in response nodding her head, "Him too." I snap my head towards her giving her a disgusted look. "Ew, Kayla. There are a million men in this world and you choose my brother, a boy?" I laugh at her while she rolls her eyes.

"Do you want to drink something?" She enquires as I shake my head, "Okay, I'll be right back." Kayla walks off leaving me unaccompanied. I observe the people in the room who were talking with one another.

Griffin appeared next to me smiling broadly. "Happy birthday, sister." I smile and turn towards him, "Thank you, Griffin."

He chuckles and hits my head lightly, "You'll always be my little sister, you know that right?" I roll my eyes and scowl at him, "We're literally two years apart from each other." He shrugs laughing afterwards.

"Still, I'm older then you." He sticks his tongue out walking off after. Is he a kid?

I spin around looking for Kayla only to see her talking with Cayden, no, I will not be the witness of this. I'm not going to stand here for the whole night, so I decided to go outside. It was actually getting very hot inside.

As soon as I go outside, the chilly air touches my skin, causing goosebumps to erupt all over. I move forward a little distance before stopping abruptly when I spot a figure seated on the ground.

What if it's a serial killer?

Oh please just shut up.

I know that I likely should turn around and go inside now but it was like my legs decided where I was going.

Is that even possible? I don't think so.

I walk closer near the figure seeing that it was a boy. Even though I only could see his back. "Hello? What are you doing here all alone?" I ask keeping my voice on a low volume. The boy turns his head around and I almost gasp.

He doesn't look like a serial killer - actually he's very handsome. His almost black hair was falling on his forehead and he has the sharpest jawline I had ever seen.

Lord, am I finding a serial killer handsome?

Just shut up.

"Are you okay? Are you a family member of the people inside of my house?" I question him as he turns around again.

Maybe he doesn't want to talk to me. "So it's your birthday party." I was shocked after hearing his voice. It was low and not like most voices I've heard. I'm being dramatic.

I clear my throat and crouch down sitting next to him, "Yes. I'm Maeve, what's your name?" I turn my head looking at him, he's even more breathtaking from up close.

Stop, I just met him.

"Why do you want to know my name?" He states, looking infront of him. I frown and try to come up with a reason, "Maybe we could be frien-" He cuts me off before I could finish my sentence.

"I don't want or need friends." I look down at my lap feeling kind of hurt. "Why aren't you at your party?" He asks a tiny bit nicer then before.

"I don't really have that many friends so.. I don't know anyone here." He looks at me and frowns. "It's your birthday. Don't be sad." I secretly smile to myself and look back towards him again.

I exhale speaking up, "Why are you here alone then?" His jaw clenches and he looks away, "No reason." He states and my eyes drop towards my lap again, did I say something wrong?

I sigh and think of another question I could ask him, "So... what are your hobbies?" He turns to me and tilts his head in confusion. "You're not much of a talker I see. I like drawing." I tell him, why did I tell him that?

He looks away, "I didn't ask." I nod my head slowly and take a deep breath. Why are people so rude.

"Uh.. I'm going on a walk for a while. Are you okay sitting here alone?" I stand up dusting my dress. He looks at me but quickly turns away again.

"I don't care, I was fine before you interrupted my thinking." Then he stands up too and walks towards my house without saying another word.

Was he upset that he had to attend this party? This was a terrible idea, I knew that. They don't even know me, and they couldn't give a damn about my pointless sixteenth birthday celebration.

I'm just a burden for everyone at this point.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

What did we think about this chapter?

If you have any tips for my future writing please comment them!

Word Count: 1118

- Edited - 

- Sabrina A.