Chapter 32: Again

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains mention of suicide and death.

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

These past months have gone by quickly, too quickly. I've been busy with missions and I need to fill in a sort of document after every mission I accomplished.

I have taken things more seriously after I heard that we almost had the Ambrose clan in our hands. Now my only goal is killing as many clans so we can hurry the process.

"Again with the daydreaming?" Rowan's voice snaps me out of my thoughts, not even a moment later he throws his fist my way.

I'm training with Rowan because Silas needs to take care of business. Probably just ordering some people around.

I instantly catch his hand and turn it around, "But I'll still beat you while daydreaming." I smirk and push him away.

He chuckles, shaking his head repeatedly, "Of course, you would." I can hear the sarcasm in his tone while I raise my eyebrow.

"Is that a challenge?" I chuckle and he shrugs, "Only if you want it to be."

I slowly nod my head, "Okay then. I'm going to grab my knife," His playful smile falls off his face as his eyes broaden in an expression that says are-you-a-psycho?

"No, thank you. Forget what I said." He corrects himself and I hum, the smirk still on my face.

"Psycho." He mutters under his breath, only making me laugh even more.

~ ~ ~

I showered and changed in my comfortable clothes after I was done training.

It has gotten easier now. I don't struggle anymore when I exercise for hours long, but I still do get pissed when I need to get up at freaking 6 AM.

I need my sleep.

I take my phone out of my pockets and go to Aaron's number, I haven't spoken to my brothers for a few days now. I was thinking about coming over to see if everyone is doing okay.

FROM ME
Hey, are you home? Or Cayden and Griffin?

After 9 freaking minutes I received a message back from him, he's such a slow replier.

FROM AARON
No, everyone is at the Nystrom building but mom is home. She also has some more information about the next missions.

FROM AARON
You should probably talk to her.

FROM ME
Really? I didn't know.

FROM AARON
Fuck off.

I grin at my phone and turn it off, placing it in my pockets again.