Making History | August 1-2, 1899

Last flashback chapter of the strike. Not to be confused with the last flashback chapter.

I love how it started out as here's a flashback chapter to give you a hint of the past! to aha, we have another look into the past to aaaaand we're back in 1899 haha.

So I found that the compromise was on the 1st, going back to selling happened on the second, so that's what I'm going to do.

So how did the newsies strike end? With...historical accuracy? Kind of? Not entirely sure what I'm doing?

Again, Jack Sullivan and David Simmons are the inspiration for Jack Kelly and David Jacobs, so I'm using them for Javid.

There will be Blush and Sprace too! :) 

Oh oh oh don't forget about Race's brother!!

I can't wait to see how it all turns out! :)

Enjoy! :)

-------------------------

It's been two weeks now.

For two weeks, the newsies have been striking.

And it's fun doing something other than selling newspapers...but it won't be fun once this strike drags on for a long time.

It's the first day of August.

Hopefully some thing changes.

No one has seen Kid Blink or Dave Simmons since Wednesday. 

Well actually, no one except Mush. And all he tells the rest of the newsies is that both are alive.

They're trying to keep on going.

Something is going to have to happen, and soon.

That's when Crutchy and Boots come running--or Boots comes running with Crutchy coming as fast as he can.

They got news. Straight from the World, even.

"They wants to speak to everyone," Crutchy says. "Every strike leader, that is."

"Even Blink?" Mush asks eagerly. "Can I bring him back?"

Crutchy shakes his head, a little remorseful. Blink was his friend, too. "I don't know if that's what he wants."

Mush sighs and nods, understanding.

"What does he want with us?" Racetrack asks.

"Old man Pulitzer's offered a compromise," Crutchy answers. "Finally, he's ready to talk."

About time.

"Only make the compromise if it's a good one, you hear?" Crutchy asks of them. 

"Only the best of compromises," Race agrees.

The doors open.

Pulitzer is waiting.

Racetrack Higgins, Morris Cohen, Henry Butler are escorted into the New York World Building by Don Seitz. This place is freaking huge. And very much belongs to rich folk. So this is what it's like to be a millionaire.

And there he is: Joseph Pulitzer himself.

"Tired of us strikin' yet, sir?" Racetrack asks him. "Ready to surrender yet?"