Chapter One: My Home

Well here we are again waking up in the beautiful city of Vancouver BC, The sun creeping in through the tiniest crack in my curtain somehow managing to be perfectly centered with my eyes causing me to wake up. It's pretty boring in the life of Jocelyn Henderson, I'm not exactly the popular kid if I had to be completely honest with you, but I'm not a complete loser if that's what you would assume. I'm not exactly a social butterfly but I do have a couple of pretty good friends specifically Natalie Davis my mother considers her to be her long-lost daughter, if I wasn't at home I was with her. She's like the sister I never had and even though she and I butt head every now and again our bond is stronger than ever. Sometimes my mom says that we must have been sisters in the past life. There's not much I could say just your typical teenager stuff. Dated a couple of boys, got my heart broken, sometimes I joke around and say fuck all men but there is one guy in particular that even though I never met him I know for a fact he's different... you know corpse husband? does that sound familiar? Yeah yeah, I guess I got a little crush but he's famous... I'm just another one of his millions of followers. Anyways I better get up I'm already smelling the cinnamon pancakes we have every Saturday morning, it's usually first come first serve with my family and it's always a competition with my older brother Derek, him and I don't exactly get along and we have never really had that sibling connection but it's OK I don't mind it.

"stop dressing as a homeless freak" Derek shouts at me from across the kitchen table.

Honestly, it's an every morning thing and sometimes I wonder if he wants me to be coming to breakfast in a fucking ballgown like I'm literally in an oversize T-shirt and shorts because I just woke up and he's already up my ass but I don't let him ruin the fact that I love living here. Honestly, him and I were always like this well he wasn't always like this towards me, it all kind of started once I started maturing as a female if you know what I mean. Well.. his buddies when they would come over they would hit on me and it would piss him off I mean what sibling would want to know that their younger sibling is dating their friends right? I never dated any of his friends although one of them honestly was a sweetheart but I respected my brother and I didn't pursue anything. My parents had a pretty healthy relationship at least so I thought until I turned 19 Dad was leaving earlier than usual for work but I didn't think much of it because he would always say I'm leaving early so then I could get back earlier but he never actually got back earlier like he said he was so I was kind of suspicious. Then one day I got home from school early since my last period teacher wasn't present he had to leave for a family emergency and there was no one to cover his class I heard noises coming from my parents' room but my mother wasn't home and her car wasn't in the driveway. I put my things down and quietly close the door whoever was in my parent's room didn't know I was here so I slowly went up the stairs and got closer to the room and put my hand on the door handle, I heard a lot of giggling and kissing noises so I open the door to catch my father in bed with another woman.

I shrieked "WHO THE FUCK IS THIS?!?"

Let me tell you my father is more on the tan side he turned white as a ghost when he saw me standing in the doorway. I glared at the woman as she quickly wrapped herself with the blankets, I left without saying anything and my dad hurried after me.

"Don't tell you're mother. name your price, anything".

I looked at him with the most disgusting look on my face and went to my room slamming the door. How could he??? were already having problems at home with Derek and me not getting along now he ruined everything and I wasn't keeping this a secret from my mother I love her more than anything and she deserves to know and who knows how long this has been going on.