Chapter Eleven: All dolled up for nothing

Jocelyn overslept and forgot about Rae coming to pick her up around nine in the morning. She forgot to set her alarm. After some unfamiliar footsteps came upstairs, her door swung open. She wrapped herself up in her bedsheets. Rae ran to her window and open the blinds.
"Wake up bestie!" She shouts causing Ryder to start barking.
"Just 5 more minutes pleaseeeee!" Jocelyn pouts, hiding her face from the beaming sunlight coming in through her window.
Rae makes her way over to the bed and pulls the sheets off. "Up now, we are already 20 minutes behind schedule"
Jocelyn sits up rubbing her eyes. "Schedule? What schedule?"
Little did she know her partner in crime, had a whole day planned for them. For starters going out to breakfast, then getting their nails done. Maybe do a few stops at different stores until they find the perfect outfit. Just to kill enough time until this event her mother was invited to. There was one part of the schedule that was never mentioned. The meet-up between Jocelyn and Corpse. He knew about it, but she didn't.

~ Jocelyn's POV ~
I finally decided to get my ass up. As much as I wanted to sleep in more, I knew that wasn't gonna happen.
*ding*
"Good morning Birdie, I hope you slept well"
just as I'm about to reach over for my phone, Rae grabs my phone and puts it in her pocket.
"Get ready. Talk to your little lover boy later."
I roll my eyes and get ready. I had no idea what she had in mind for today. I quickly shower and brush my teeth since that's typically what I do every morning. Then I ran over to the mirror, fixed up my hair, and put on a bit of makeup. I threw on some leggings and an oversize hoodie. Then I rushed back into my room.
"Can I have my phone back now?" I looked at her pouting.
she started laughing and handed me back my phone. "you're so in love with him."
I unlock my phone to go reply to him and I glance at her blushing hysterically. "Yes... I am."
She grabbed my arm and pulls me downstairs.
"We are grabbing something to eat. Then we're going to go get our nails done."
"You lead the way, you're driving."
We went over to her car and then we were off. I replied back to Corpses message.
"Good morning dork <3, I slept well and I hope you did too"
~Texts messages~
Corpse: "I slept pretty well for once, my sleep apnoea didn't act up."
J: "That is amazing to hear."
Corpse: "yeah :) So what are your plans for today?"
J: "hanging out with Rae until four, then I have to go home and get ready for some dinner party with my mom. So I won't be able to hang out"
Corpse: "that sucks, it would've been nice to see you today. Can you try?"
J: "I don't have a car and I can't just take my moms. I'll see how far it is and I'll let you know."
Corpse: "Okay:) well I'll just leave you alone and let you have your girls there with Rae"
J: "byeeee<3"

After texting him for a little bit, I thought about if I should go see him later. As much as I would love to... I honestly wasn't sure. I would look really good, but I seriously don't want to go through getting ghosted again. After about a 20-minute ride, we got to the nail salon. We both got coffin acrylic nails done. I swear we aren't basic, but we didn't want to go for anything too crazy. I got them in matte black and she got them in red. She picked on me for my choice in colour, but what can I say I'm her favourite goth bitch. We were there for about an hour and then grabbed something to eat. The clock struck 1 and we finally decided to make our way to the clothing stores. We wanted to spend as much time as we could searching for outfits. we went in and out through stores and we were starting to lose hope. I was extremely picky and even Valkyrae couldn't help me find anything. Then finally we stumbled upon this tiny little store. It wasn't very eye-catching but we were getting desperate. Once we walked in it felt like we entered a completely different place. There were bright strobe lights throughout the store and there were definitely choices that caught my eye. I completely lost my best friend and she surprised me with 10 dresses in her hand.
"you have to try these on."
She shoved the dresses in my face. Then pushed me in the direction of the changing rooms. She sat outside waiting for me to try each of them and she was in love with all of them. Personally, I couldn't say the same. They just weren't me, they were way too eye-grabbing for my liking. For someone that likes being in the shadows, I could never. Then finally we got to the last dress. It was a simple short, black, body-con dress. It was extremely comfortable and definitely up my alley. I walked outside and if Rae's jaw could drop to the floor, it would.
she yells. "YOU NEED TO BUY THIS. IF YOU WON'T ILL BUY IT FOR YOU!"
I started laughing and quickly went to take it off so we could pay. As I was about to walk out I hear a customer  bitching at her.
"shut the fuck up you old hag. My best friend looks good so I'm going to hype her up."
"you kids are so obnoxious!" The grumpy elderly woman snaps at her.
I walked out of the changing room and pulled Rae to the front of the store so we could pay. We rush to pay then run out of the store. So our day went by pretty fast. I wish it didn't have to end since I really didn't wanna go to that event. I know I promised my mom... but I'm not gonna be able to socialize with anyone. It's a bunch of people much older than me. The drive home was oddly fast. I gave her a hug and then I went inside. I see my mother already dressed up and waiting for me. I ran to my room and quickly changed. I put on the dress and fishnet leggings, then some heels. I left my hair straightened and threw on some false lashes and lip gloss and I was out the door.