Chapter Twelve: So this is how it is

~ Jocelyn's POV ~
Why was I still running after him. I ran as far as my heels could take me. There was absolutely no chance I was gonna catch up with him. I was completely drenched. My makeup was smeared, mascara was running down my face. How could he do this to me. I went to one of the bus stop to stay dry. I huddled in the corner and called him.
"answer the fucking phone you dick..."
I huffed under my breath.
"Pick up for fuck sake-"
I kick the wall of the bus stop shelter. Finally he answers at the last ring.
"YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU LEAVE ME HERE IN THE POURING RAIN!"
He stayed silent and I could hear his shallow breathing through the phone.
"ANSWER ME-" I fucking couldn't hold myself together and started crying. A sigh came from his side of the phone. Then he cleared his throat.
" I don't know why it is when I'm around you I feel closed up."
His tires screech as he slams on the brakes.
"what is it gonna take for you to listen to me? I don't care about what you look like. I care about you as a person. I don't believe that you're much of a sweetheart anymore although deep down I'm being told to believe it..."
I wipe away my smeared mascara and see headlights coming down the street. The car pulls up beside me.
"let me take you home"
then he ends the call.
I make my way over to the car and sit in the passenger seat. I noticed he had his hood over his head so I couldn't actually see him. I was pretty bummed out but it was fine.
"Can you forgive me?"
he says all of a sudden.
"Sure, I don't feel like wasting my energy being pissed at you."
I snap at him slightly.
"fuck.."
He says under his breath. Then continues,
"listen, I know me leaving you out in the storm was a dick move. I know you're pissed off about it. I don't know why I thought that was a good idea. But I truly am sorry I'll do anything to make it up to you."
"It's fine corpse, just forget about it. I get it you have absolutely no interest in me. I'm just a stupid fan that out of coincidence you got closer with."
I turned towards the window, blinking back my tears.
"It's not like that Jocelyn. Please do me a favour and stop thinking it is. The times I ghosted you I didn't do it intentionally. shit came up the second time and things haven't been the greatest since then. What is it with you females constantly thinking that you guys did something wrong when guys act a certain way towards you?"
He sounded a bit pissed off.
I didn't even say a word. Honestly, he's not wrong. He knew what he did was wrong. Girls do constantly think it's their fault when guys start acting differently. I felt that sinking feeling in my chest again. The same one I felt that night my mom yelled at me for asking where she was going. I don't know why I was feeling it towards him though. I was scared... scared of doing the wrong thing. I feared being alone since it was the only thing I ever knew.
He grabs my hand gently.
"I'm sorry I shouldn't have been so hard on you. It's not your fault that you don't know what's going on in my life. Maybe one day I'll open up to you about it."
I squeeze his hand slightly
"Alright, whenever you're ready to."
Finally we arrived at my house and of course curiosity got the best of me. I went in for a hug and tried to take his hood off to reveal his face. He instantly pushed me away from him.
"Get out. Don't make me have to tell you again."
as he looks down pulling his hood over his face.
I sat there pretty hurt again.
"why are you like this.. I'm sorry I did that."
Honestly I swear each second I stayed in his car the more irritated he got.
"please just get out"
I got out of his car and instantly ran to my front door. Pulling out my keys, I unlock the front door and head inside. I walk over to the dining room and see a note on the table from my mother.
"hey sweetheart I won't be coming home tonight so don't wait up"
Typical.. She was probably over at Scott's place doing what I don't know and I honestly don't care. As long as she's not re-populating the world it's fine with me. And I hope she doesn't plan on getting married to him because I refuse to live in the same house as that devil child. Didn't take me very long to notice the trail of water I was leaving behind. I took my shoes off and grabbed a towel to quickly dry off. Then I went throughout the house with the mop and dried up the floor. I went upstairs to my room, changed into some dry clothes and went straight to bed.