009.

SCARLETT WATCHED as Kyler fought with another guy from Cobra Kai and grimaced as Kyler flipped him to the ground. "That's right!" Kyler exclaimed as he stood victoriously.

"Good job, Mr Park," Kreese praised as the door opened.

"Do that all day!" Kyler said.

Scarlett looked towards the entrance as Kenny walked inside.

"Look who's back for more," Tory chuckled.

"What is he doing back here?" Scarlett asked.

Robby glanced at her, "Just give him a chance, all right."

"I want another shot," Kenny stated confidently.

Kreese chuckled, "I'm sorry I don't have the time to teach weaklings."

"Give him another chance Sensei," Robby said, "Maybe he'll surprise you."

"All right on the mat," Kreese said, "Mr Park make this quick."

"You got it Sensei," Kyler nodded as Kenny took off his shoes and stepped onto the mat. They got into a fighting stance and Kreese looked between them.

"Ais!"

Kyler let out a cry as he attempted to kick the boy. He ran back afraid and Kyler laughed, "Look at him, running to mommy. Bye, you little bitch." The class laughed along with him and Scarlett sighed.

Kenny ran up to Kyler and punched him in the face. He stumbled as Scarlett let out a laugh.

"Kid's fast," Tory commented.

"Whet that hell?" Kyler exclaimed angrily, "He hit me when I wasn't looking. That's some bullshit."

"You're right. He didn't line up. So that won't count as a point," Kreese said.

"Sorry I didn't know the rules," Kenny apologized.

"That was your one chance," Kreese said causing him to sigh. Kenny went to leave, "Where are you going, Mr Payne?" Kreese looked over to Robby before looking back at him, "Take your spot," he nodded to beside him.

Kenny smiled and walked to an open spot in the square.

Scarlett snuck in through her bedroom window later that evening. She sighed before quickly changing out of her gi. She jogged down the stairs and into the kitchen. Raiding the kitchen, she turned around and almost jumped out of her skin, "Oh my God. What the hell?" She pressed a hand to her chest as she stared at her mother, father and sister.

"What the hell is right. What the hell are you doing coming out of Cobra Kai?" Daniel asked.

She was caught.

Scarlett feigned confusion, "What?"

"Don't play dumb with us Scarlett. One of the employees saw you, walk out of Cobra Kai in a Cobra Kai gi," Amanda stated.

"Really? I think your employee needs to get their eyes checked," Scarlett replied bluntly.

"So that's where you've been sneaking off to," Sam guessed.

"No I've been sneaking out to meet a friend," Scarlett semi-lied.

"We meant in the daytime. After school. Before school. You've been going to Cobra Kai for weeks," Daniel exclaimed, "Why?"

Scarlett sighed, "I can't deal with this right now."

"Well you're going to have to," Amanda stopped her, "Why were you at Cobra Kai?"

It came up before she could stop it. It was like her brain was dumping out all of her thoughts in word vomit, "Maybe because you're too focused on fucking Sam to notice that you have any other children. Maybe because I'm just as good as Sam but you don't fucking notice me or anything I do. It's Sam, Sam and more Sam. Sam is your priority."

"Language!" Daniel yelled.

"I don't give a shit," Scarlett yelled back.

"That's it. I can't deal with this. Go to your room. And you will be quitting Cobra Kai," Daniel said.

"No," Scarlett stated as she stormed upstairs. She entered her room and slammed the door, locking it. She picked up her phone and dialled her grandmother.

Lucille picked up and immediately noticed her granddaughter's teary eyes, "Letty what's wrong?"

"Can I come stay with you?"

"Of course, you can. Why though?"

"Can I explain when I get there?"

"Sure."

When Scarlett arrived at her grandmother's house, Lucille ushered her in and asked her to explain what was happening. Lucille poured her a glass of water to calm her nerves and came back with it.

"Ok, Letty, what's the matter?" Lucille asked as she sat and placed the water on the table.

"I joined Cobra Kai," Scarlett blurted before taking a large gulp of her water. Lucille stared at her in shock.

"You did what?"

"I joined Cobra Kai. I know it was stupid. But I wanted to be recognized. I'm just as good as Sam maybe even better but they don't see that so I thought rebelling would make them see me," Scarlett explained.

"Oh Letty," Lucille sighed.

"Are you mad?" Sabina asked.

Lucille smiled, "No. I would have done the same."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm a pretty scornful person, Letty," Lucille joked causing her to laugh, "So how long are you going to spend here?"

"Till I graduate?" Scarlett said although it was more like a question.

"It's not that far. And you did get this letter from UCLA," Lucille said getting up and finding a letter.

Scarlett looked at her eagerly, "Did you open it?"

"No. I wanted to do it together," Lucille said. She handed it to her and Scarlett sighed. She tentatively peeled open the seal and took the folded letter out. She opened it expecting disappointment.

She stared at the letter letting the news sink in. Lucille watched her in hopeful anticipation. After the initial shock was over Scarlett's face broke out into a smile, "I got in!"

"You got in!"

"I got in!" she screamed. The two jumped around the room happily, squealing like school girls.

"I'm so proud of you, Letty," Lucille hugged her.

"Thanks, Nana. I'm so happy," she could barely contain her excitement.

"We have to celebrate. I'm going to cook, come help me," Lucille rushed off to the kitchen and Scarlett.

SECOND BESTजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें