Part 1

Welcome to the remake of my deleted story, I was unhappy as to were the previous story was heading so decided to start over again - so there maybe some chapters you have already seen but many you have not - enjoy!!!

Sheriff POV

They say death is peaceful and easy and that life is harder to live. That statement has never been more truer then it is right now, the power of a single phone call or the simple knocking on a front door can change a person's life forever.

For me it was different though, there was no knock on the door or phone call to come to the Hospital instead it happened right in front of me, and I was powerless to stop it. A single bang before his body fell to the floor with a crash and just remain there unmoving as his life poured out of him like a flood; the cause of his current state turns and runs away in shock over what they had just done instead of trying to save my boy.

I wrestle against the bounds holding me in place as I hear the sound of sirens getting closer and closer, but I know it is too late to save him. As I wrestle my hands to get them free with the limited strength I have left, I feel the chair tip over causing me to land on my side staring directly into his face, his eyes are fixed wide open in shock, but I know they are not seeing anything anymore.

The door crashes open and I hear many people rushing into the room from different direction but I don't register any of their faces as some block my view of his body as I feel a knife slide through the bound holding me to the chair before I am carefully rolled over onto my back to stare at the plain ceiling above me.

I don't attempt to move as I don't have the strength left in me, I am finding it hard to breathe as the weight of the grief starts to crush me as the darkness appears in the edges of my vision.

"Can you hear me sir?" A voice asks me while shining a bright light in my eyes but I don't respond; I am just waiting for the darkness to fully accept me so I can be back with the people I love.

"We need to get him to the Hospital now! Is anyone coming with us?" The same voice rings out as I feel myself lifted higher into the air before been gently lowered onto something that is hard and soft at the same time. I feel a mask placed over my face and something placed into my hand but I don't feel any pain anymore; just coldness.

"I will, he shouldn't be on his own right now. I will keep you all posted with updates" I hear Parrish's voice speak from a distance as I can hear crying coming from other areas but I can't tell who it is.

I feel myself been rolled backwards out of the house as Parrish's blurry face comes into view, I feel myself been lifted into the Ambulance and I close my eyes not wanting to be here anymore or know anymore.

"Your going to be okay! Melissa is waiting for us at the Hospital and everyone else will meet us there soon. Just keep fighting! Please I can't lose you too." Parrish voice pierces the quite forming in my mind but why should I fight, I have nothing left to fight for anymore.

I feel the Ambulance suddenly stop before the doors swing open and I am lowered back onto the wheels, I hear talking again around me as I am moved inside the Hospital but I keep my eyes closed as the world is too painful to open them right now.

"Adult Male, severely beaten and tortured for an undermined amount of time. Has a stab wound to his right leg with multiple slashes over his chest, stomach and face. He has been nonresponsive to anyone speaking to him and to pain. He is in and out of consciousness, we have gave him fluids and pain relief on the way here. His vitals currently are holding steady." The medic advises as I feel myself been lifted once again, moving from one bed to another as the sound of beeping comes louder and I feel my shirt and trousers been cut away.