Part 8

Welcome to Chapter 8 - thank you everyone who has read, voted and commented on this story so far - a massive shout out goes to Mag3of4 as you have kept me smiling and wanting to write with your lovely comments so thank you from the bottom of my heart 💓 - here is the next chapter, enjoy!!!

Lydia POV

As I sat behind Noah rubbing a hand gently over my bump, I strangely felt the closest to Stiles since his death. Maybe because Noah had advised he had been told we were having a boy or just the fact that Noah was here and still alive; it brought a part of Stiles back to me. As a calmness ran over me I suddenly felt an urge I hadn't in a while, my eyes started to ring and I couldn't help it.

"DEREK!" I scream before tear fill my eyes instantly, last time I screamed that loud was when Allison had died.

"Lydia, why on earth did you do that for?" Noah states rubbing his ears as Melissa's phone starts to ring and she quickly takes it, I try and make out what is been said based on her facial expressions, but they are all over the place.

"What? I don't understand how that is possible, have you spoke to Deaton?" Melissa asks as her eyes start to water as I reach out to squeeze Noah's hand, who also was listening closely to what Melissa was saying.

"What do you mean they called it? That is not possible." Melissa states dropping to the seat behind her while lifting her hand to her mouth, the tears streaming down her face and my heart drops into my stomach.

"Melissa, what is it? What's happened now?" Noah asks attempting to get out of bed before I quickly stop him and head over to Melissa myself as the door opens with Dr Geyer walking in looking concerned.

"Everything okay in here?" Dr Geyer asks as I reach Melissa as she disconnects the call that had come through as tears stream down her face.

"He's dead." Melissa states as Dr Geyer closes the door and moves to Melissa's other side and takes hold of her shaking hand as I gently rub circles around her back.

"Who? Not Scott, as I am not calling time of death on that boy twice in my life." Dr Geyer states in a panic tone but I already know who Melissa is going to say before she has stated it.

"It's Derek, isn't it? That is why I just screamed his name; Derek is dead." I state in an almost whisper as tears escape my eyes, I still don't understand how this is possible, but I am going to find out.

"Yeah, it's Derek but they have the person responsible in custody. They believe the person who shot him is also responsible for Stiles's murder and attempted murder of Noah." Melissa states causing me to look at her in shock, they finally found the person responsible for all this heart ache.

"Who do they have in custody?" Noah asks his voice sounding strained as I look around and notice him sitting up in bed again, Dr Geyer moves quicker than me to stop him in his tracks.

"Noah, lie back down. You heard what Melissa said, they already have the suspect in custody, and I am pretty sure we both know that Parrish and Rafael can handle the questioning." Dr Geyer firmly states but only succeeds in getting Noah to stop moving.

"Dad, what is it?" I ask towards Noah moving away from Melissa back towards Noah, it still felt weird how natural it felt calling him Dad. I guess in a way he has been a father figure to us all for so long, it is just a natural thing to call him.

"Melissa, how many are in custody?" Noah states through slight gritted teeth as though trying to control his pain without showing he was in pain.

"As far as I know only the one that shot Derek; I can call Rafael back and ask him. Why do you want to know how many?" Melissa enquires and I am curious over his answer also, we finally had the person responsible in custody so why is he not happier.