Chapter 30

Tanner

Everything with Jenna is incredible. Saturday, we started our day with a fantastic workout of her riding my dick like a fucking pro. Good God, she was terrific! I never thought I could come like that.

Every time we have sex, it gets better and better. Being with her is like being wrapped in our own little bubble where no one else is allowed in. I could die here a happy man.

After breakfast Saturday, we made out against the fridge, the island, and the dining table. Then, we pinballed our way to her bedroom, where we had sex again. The rest of the day went much the same. We hung out in bed for a while- talked about Vegas, AthletaWear, our likes, and dislikes. We talked about why she moved to New York City and her past relationships.

We talked half the day and fucked the other half. As much as I enjoy the latter, I've found that I enjoy talking to Jenna immensely. I could listen to her talk all day and never get bored, and I don't mind opening up to her about myself- something I once would have thought impossible.

She asked more about me, gently trying to avoid the topic of my parents or upbringing. She listened as I told her about high school, about how my coaches were the only ones I could turn to, and how they're the reason I'm so driven today.

We're lying next to one another in her bed, talking about our favorite T.V. shows, when she gets quiet all of a sudden. I ask if something is on her mind.

Jenna's eyes widen, and I notice her pull her bottom lip between her teeth. She seems anxious about something. "Um, it's just, this weekend has been amazing. I almost can't believe that this happened, but here we are. It almost feels too good to be true, and I feel that if I blink, it will all just be a dream."

Does she think I'm playing a game here? She doesn't think I'm going to ghost her after this, right?

I tilt her chin up, making her look at me. "Do you think it would help if I cleared up some things for you? I have a feeling that my reputation has something to do with what's going on inside your head." I brush a strand of her hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear.

Her eyes flutter closed as my thumb grazes her cheek. When her eyes open, she nods.

I want to lay everything about my past bare to her. I want her to know me inside and out, and I don't want her to question that I'll always be open with her. I take a deep breath before I begin.

I tell her how reckless I used to be when I was younger and how much I regret being so promiscuous after high school. I admit to her that I haven't had a girlfriend since then, that I don't have a number for how many women I've slept with, but I know it's not as bad as the media makes it out to be. I tell her that I've always worn a condom and have never fucked bare. I tell her how mindless hookups have lost their ability to satisfy me and that I've found myself yearning for something more over the last few months.

She takes everything in stride, not once interrupting. Her expression isn't judgmental; it's more surprised than anything. Jenna tells me she knows the media likes to blow things out of proportion, and she believes me when I say the tabloid stories are exaggerated.

Then, she comments about how everyone has history, and she believes that people can truly change over time. The best part is when she tells me she doesn't hold my past against me. That's the biggest thing I was worried about. I know I've made many mistakes in my romantic life, but I don't want that to mess things up when it comes to Jenna.

It feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. And if it's even possible, I feel closer to Jenna than ever. "Anything else you want to know, just ask," I tell her, "I'm an open book when it comes to you."