The Pope Of Comber

Chapter 18

The Eastern-European's Accommodation Block Within the 'Manor-House' Grounds: Towards the end of location filming. The Same Day as the UFO Accident: 22.01 Hrs

A small group of around ten male 'Eastern-European' workers had gathered in the communal living space within one of the larger accommodation sheds. They were watching a TV programme on a large 40 inch flatscreen TV, they had 'Subtitles' displayed on the TV screen in their own language.

The TV screen was almost filled with what looked like a large to medium sized pickle-jar which sat upon a wooden table. The contents of the jar looked to be a clear liquid, not unlike water?

The camera slightly zoomed out then what looked like the small hand of a female unexpectedly appeared within the picture just above the jar. The small female hand moved the jar around 180 degrees so that a cheap printed label stuck to the opposite side of the container was now visible.

The gathered 'Eastern-European' workers watching the TV all cheered when the jar label became visible on screen. Everyone one of them was drinking from similar jars which they all held in their hands.

Printed on the label stuck to the jar on the TV were the words 'Uncle Seymour's Hillbilly Poteen' in bright red letters. A group of smaller letters were also under the main-heading reading 'Guaranteed to get you shit-faced.' Taking up some of the space on right-hand side of the label was a cartoon caricature of a hillbilly wearing a cowboy straw-hat. Most of the cartoon caricature's teeth were clearly missing. He was smiling from ear to ear and in one of his hands he held a similar looking large to medium sized pickle-jar. It was half-filled with the same clear looking liquid. Both his eyes were gaping hopelessly in different directions. It was the perfect cartoon depiction of a retarded person who was quite obviously highly intoxicated.

A female voice started to narrate in the background, 'On tonight's episode of 'Caught On Camera', we expose the people behind this illegal Poteen known as 'Uncle Seymour's Hillbilly Poteen' believe me when I tell you...You will be shocked at our findings!'

Very jumpy camera footage managed to capture a small man on a large racing bike, somewhere along a lonely countryside road. His voice was noticeably bleeped out, although parts of his speech were still discernable.

His high-pitched squeaky voice sounded very excited, 'F**k away off...F**k away off!' he repeatedly screamed, at the female narrator who could be seen on screen pursuing him. The small man on the bike was pedalling frantically in an attempt to escape the pursuing camera and the female narrator. One of the small man's hands had formed a rude middle finger 'FU' insult. Which he made towards the camera, thankfully his hand gesture was pixel-distorted on the screen.

Before the small man could make good his escape from his pursuers, the picture was abruptly frozen and the camera then zoomed in on his face. The female voice once again started to narrate, 'The man you can now see on your screen is Mr I Hunt? He is employed as a local gardening worker for one of the larger estate houses within the Comber area.'

Several of the 'Eastern-European' men watching the drama unfolding on the TV screen in front of them. Screamed and cheered when they recognised the small man on the screen. A couple of the men lifted their jars in a salute to him, while others hissed and spat at his image.

As they watched the female narrator continued, 'Mr Hunt is in partnership with this man.' The camera suddenly changed to a different location of what looked like a local busy high street within a small village?

A tall dishevelled looking man whom appeared to be in his sixties was walking slowly along the street. His face was partly covered by a large hat and he was wearing very-dark sunglasses.