No One Can Run From The Past

Atsumu continued to listen to Mr Sakusa, though he was getting nervous due to the man's habit of glaring all around the room.

"How can you believe that a soldier as skilled and intelligent as Vulpes can be killed by a mere bullet?" Mr Sakusa asked in a low tone, "He is still alive."

Atsumu caught himself before he let out an audible gasp that would most definitely give him away to the people sitting in the room below him.

"Sir, how would you know?" Another advisor asked.

Mr Sakusa let out a low chuckle before laughing loudly.

"How would I know? How would I know?!" Mr Sakusa laughed maniacally, "No matter hard he tries, a student cannot best his teacher... Vulpes is a smart boy, but not smart enough, I know of his hatred towards me."

Atsumu's eyes widened at this statement as Mr Sakusa looked up at the ventilation duct that ran across the ceiling of the room, "All weapons will malfunction, all slaves will disobey their masters, one way or another, this was bound to happen... Mark my words, Vulpes is alive."

Atsumu knew that Mr Sakusa couldn't see him through the metal grating, but he was trembling as the man raised his gun at the ventilation duct.

"It seems we have a rat in our meeting... Or should I say, a fox?" Mr Sakusa grinned a maniacal smile as he pulled the trigger.

The bullet hit the section of grating right next to the one that Atsumu was sitting on, causing the grating to fall to the floor three meters below.

Atsumu's heart was pounding in his chest, he never showed it, but he absolutely hated having to keep Kiyoomi's father under surveillance.

Mr Sakusa had taught him most of the things he knew and could figure him out really easily given the chance.

Mr Sakusa hummed in surprise, "I guess I was wrong..."

He turned back to his advisors, "I may have been wrong about him listening to us, but my statement still stands. Vulpes was trained to be able to predict the flight path of a bullet traveling from a sniper a hundred meters away in high wind speeds, in saying so, he is physically adept and can dodge bullets easily, therefore, he cannot be dead."

The words sent shivers down Atsumu's spine, Mr Sakusa had already seen right through his plans.

"He was trained to be the most lethal weapon on the planet, Vulpes is death, a silent and patient killer... And death cannot be killed," Mr Sakusa smirked in arrogance as Atsumu bolted out of there as fast as he could.

Atsumu dropped by Kiyoomi's base, where the occupants were out on a mission, and dropped off a dagger with a message engraved into the blade for Kiyoomi.

After that, he left the base and went to the quiet parts of the city.

For years, he'd been trained, sculpted into a killer with no remorse, an assassin so effective that some people believed him to be demon.

Nicknamed as the Silent Destruction, how could he have thought that he could escape it.

Atsumu was on the top floor of a five-storey parking building, on the level just below the rooftop.

It was completely vacant and the sun was already beginning to set so Atsumu didn't hesitate to unclip his mask and toss it aside.

He sat down against a column and brought his knees to his chest, he trembled as the memories of his childhood that he had tried so hard to forget resurfaced and took over his thoughts.

Flashes of blood and violence, screams and cries, all of his own, ran through his head as the image of that man standing over him with that forsaken silver and white dagger dripping with blood in his hands.

His memories flashed through his head as the silent screams of his victims seemed to echo through the empty parking lot building.

Broken images of a silver and white kunai covered in blood shattering as it hit a wall after bring thrown in rage.

Atsumu stared down at his shaking hands with wide eyes, blurry from the tears that streamed down his face like the endless flow of memories flicking through his mind.

Those were the memories he'd tried so hard to bury within his subconscious, the memories of a childhood that no one should have ever had to live through, the memories that would haunt him for the rest of his life.

He thought he'd escaped, he thought that he'd finally gotten away from his past, but just like the words he'd used to describe himself, his past was inescapable.

He couldn't run from it anymore, if he was to actually find his peace, he'd have to fight for it, but finding peace is a difficult task, especially for an assassin.

Meanwhile, Kiyoomi and his team had just gotten back to their base after a mission, and Kiyoomi went directly to his room, expecting to find Vulpes already there and waiting for him, but to his surprise, he found that the assassin wasn't there.

Instead, his desk lamp was on and there was a metallic navy-blue kunai with a white hilt lying on his desk directly under the light of the lamp.

Sakusa flicked on his room light as he moved to grab the dagger off of his desk.

He ran his thumb over the engraved writing as he read the message.

We need to talk

He turned the dagger around to see an address etched onto the other side of the blade.

He quickly memorized the address before slipping the dagger into his pocket, grabbing his guns, and traveling to the location that Vulpes gave him.

He found himself in an old five-storey parking lot building, he'd followed the directions to the floor just below the rooftop.

The setting sun cast a warm but eery red glow across the vacant parking lot.

Sakusa looked around and saw Vulpes' mask on the floor next to the stairwell he'd used to get to that floor.

He picked up the mask and looked around for the assassin, his eyes widened at what he saw.

There was Vulpes, though he had his hood up, so Sakusa couldn't quite see his face yet.

He was sitting on the ground against a column while clutching onto his head with both his hands as he hunched over his knees that were pulled up to his chest.

Sakusa began to walk towards him, but froze as he realized that Vulpes was shaking violently while breathing quickly and unevenly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi y'all! I just played the Google Chrome dino game for the past ten minutes, because I don't want to study- 😃👍

Anygayss, byeee!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -