Kaelan - Kingmaker Chapter 10

"What in Hades name..." before she could finish her words, Kaelan pushes her up against the cold rough wall, covering her mouth with his hand. The dragon stood on the couch, tearing the sponges out from the leatherette, claw marks and bite marks were everywhere.

"What you see here, stays here," he warned her.

Her eyes were still very much upon the creature, as he spoke. She shoves him off, walking a bit closer toward it. "Of all people, why you?" she asked him, disappointed. "A black dragon, is rare," she then said, with a hint of excitement in her voice.

"All dragons are rare," Kaelan told her, watching the spikes on Windfall's back rising. He started growling, as she knelt.

"Black ones are even rarer," she assured him. "They grow twice as large as regular ones. They don't take years to grow like the rest of them. In a single year he'll be fully grown."

"How do you know so much about dragons?" he asked her, kneeling beside her.

"I use to be Ryker's sex slave before coming here," she said without care, "he would go on and on about dragons and their kinds. He loves studying their bones."

"What else did he say about black dragons?" Kaelan was curious.

"Their fire changes colour, they are the only ones that can blow white flames, the hottest of all."

Kaelan notices the spikes went back down, Windfall was now rubbing up against her as she pet him. She smiles as the dragon rolled on the couch, kicking up his feet like a dog while she scratched his belly. "That's enough," said Kaelan, grabbing hold of the dragon, taking him to the other end of the couch. "I don't want you pretending to like him, then steal him when I'm not around.

"You're hysterical," she said, taking a stand. "Where would I steal him and go?" she asked him, folding her arms.

"Maybe to your old lover," he confesses. "Perhaps he'll let you back into his bed."

"I didn't tell you that so you'd throw it in my face," she argued. "I know he sent me in here to die. These women might be fooled into thinking they'll survive a year around these men. I'm not."

"My hatred for you is as thick as my feelings toward that family," he told her, stroking Windfall's neck in his fit of rage. "My dragon and I will destroy everything Ryker has ever known."

"Your dragon," she said, confused. "He doesn't belong to you or anyone. He's a creature that was meant to be free until men like you decided to weaponize them."

"They are magical beings," Kaelan corrected her. "They were never meant to exist."

"You are as stubborn as all men are," she told him, taking a seat on the couch.

"You need to sleep somewhere else," he then told her. "I haven't been this stressed since... Amiera."

"I can't," she replied, her green eyes falling upon him. She remained quiet, listening to his soft groans as he laid on his back.

"Why not?" he asked her. "Some of these men are good men. Sleep with one of them and they'll give you their home."

"They would all want that," she admitted. "I know that's what I need to do."

"Then what's the problem? go on then, pick one."

"You," she said, moving closer to him. "You know you want to," she told him, smiling. She began taking her clothes off, she took his hands and covers her breast. "Let me stay, I'll earn my keep."

"Fine," he said, pulling away his hands. "Never do that again," he turned his face.

"Are you afraid?" she asked him. "I won't hurt you, like she did." She began touching his crouch, he began breathing aloud. He tossed Windfall to the ground, the dragon landed on his feet. She got on top of him, trying to unlace his pants.