Kaelan - Revelation Chapter 21

"Kaelan! Do something," shouted Saria, blocking her ears for a third time as the Jumbie let out a shrill from behind. Windfall flew toward them, landing on Saria's shoulder. Kaelan took the sword he held, lunging it toward the Shadow Castor. When the weapon landed, it pierced the man's left shoulder, bringing his summoning to an end. The black fog disappeared, and the Jumbies that were almost fully formed faded away. Kaelan and Arkron rushes to the Shadow Castor's side, staring at the man as he bled. They removed his hood, revealing a man with a rounded face, his head was shaved and he was clean shaven. Across his face was covered with brown stripes, all neatly done, it didn't seem to be painted on or were any form of branding.

"Is that a birthmark?" asked Kaelan, as he removes the shirt from his back, pressing it firmly just as he removes the blade.

"He's a Pureblood," said Arkron, removing the Lighters hood, revealing the same stripes. "These men are from the oldest lines."

"I don't understand," Kaelan confessed. "Are you saying you're blood is impure?"

"Yes," Arkron admitted. "Men like me aren't welcome into either side of the Order. I thought these men were like me, disguising themselves as members, but these men have been working together."

"Why?"

"I don't know," Arkron confessed. "They want you dead, so it has to be important."

"They said they weren't working for Damien but they were with the Red Vest."

"The enemy of my enemy is a friend," said Saria, kneeling beside him, with a needle and a tread.

"We'll get to the bottom of this," said Arkron, watching the man's blood pour out continuously, "thats if he survives," he finished.

"I need to know why they were trying to kill me," said Kaelan as he got up, watching his hands that were drenched in blood.

"Why are we saving him?" asked Saria as she stitches the large wound. "Wouldn't he try to kill us when he's stable?"

"It's Kaelan's call to make," replied Arkron.

"Don't you worry about him, just double the stitching," said Kaelan. "Cloth treads burst easily."

"Would you like to tell me how to stitch while you're at it?" she answered, giving a stern stare.

"You seem to think you know everything," he replied, turning his face.

"A lot more than you, I swear."

"Call me when you two are done fighting," said Arkron, walking away.

Kaelan stood there with his back turned, awaiting her as she took her time sewing him up. When she was done he didn't bother calling for help. Instead, he grabbed hold of the man's feet, dragging him along as he reached the wagon. Arkron helped in getting the man up, placing him in at the back while many refused to hop back on. Kaelan hopped on along with Windfall, Saria tried getting on but was stopped when he placed his foot across the other side. She paused for a moment, her eyes meeting his while he gave no expression.

"If you're looking for an apology, you won't get it," she said, aloud.

"If you're expecting an apology from me, you're in for failure," he replied.

"Failure is your motto," she said, laughing, almost forcefully. "How can any woman bare to live with you?" she asked, while climbing over his leg. "You are annoying," she said, hitting his foot after getting on.

"You still want marriage?" he asked.

"Is this what you're doing, annoying me so I'll change my mind. If you don't want me, there's at least a thousand men who'll want me."