Jennie- Why not?

Jennie and you have been friends since you were both babies in diapers. Her parent's house in korea was right besides yours, so it was only normal for you both to become friends.

When she moved to New Zealand for her studies you were all alone in Korea as you didn't have friends other than her. The occasional phone calls only made you crave her presence more and more. Even that dwindled as the years passed until there were no calls between you two.

Your early teens sucked. You were bullied in school for growing tall as fast as a weed. And your mixed genes made things worse for you.

When you heard that Jennie was coming back in 8th grade, you weren't happy. What is she forgot about you? What if she also started feeling disgusted with you and avoided you like all the kids in your school?

To avoid being seen by her you avoided her house and the street leading to it like a plague. Until, you were surprised by her in your house. Your mum had 'forgot' to mention that the Kims were coming for dinner.

You have never felt dread like the moment when she laid her eyes on you after all those years. You were prepared for a nasty comment or a disgusted eye roll. It didn't help that Jennie turned out to be gorgeous. Her dark hair longer now, falling gently over her shoulders. Her eyes as sparkly as you remembered them to be. Her mandu cheeks still present.

While you were busy checking her out, she barreled towards you at a speed you didn't know was possible for a human to gain in such a short distance.

The moment her body collided with yours, you lost your balance and fell on the ground with a small crack filling the room. But the pain you were feeling on your elbow was nothing compared to the feeling of her tiny figure holding you close in a tight hug.

"Oh my god Y/N. It's so nice to see you again." She moved her head up and away from your neck to look you in the face with a cute as hell gummy smile on her face. You felt your heart whirring like an old machine coming back to life.

"Jennie?" You whispered.

"Yes, Y/N?" She looked at you with a tiny frown on her face as if she were nervous that you had forgotten her name. Like that was possible.

"I think I broke my hand in the fall."

That was the reunion you guys had. And yes, you did break your elbow.

After that meeting, you and Jennie again became inseparable, like she never left and you never suffered her absence.

That was 10 years ago. Now, you are a photographer for various high end magazines and Jennie Kim is an kpop idol and a member of the world's most famous group, blackpink.

And yes, still inseparable, you spent almost everyday with her when she was in korea and even visited her during their tours. Your career also helped be near them.

"Y/N, come on. Get your ass off the couch. We are doing this. We haven't been to any party since ages. You are 24 not 84 so stop being a grumpy old person." Jennie said as she shook your shoulders hard while you laid on her couch on your tummy and snored loudly pretending to be asleep so that she could walk away.

"I know you are not asleep, Miss I-suck-at-acting. I have known you since we were in diapers and even know the sound and smell of your farts. Now get up before I steal your skittles." Jennie smacked you in the ass before running towards your purse on the floor.

The sound of wrapper made you snap your head up so fast that you heard a small crack. "Not my skittles!" You screamed, getting up from the couch and running towards her. She held the packet to her open mouths and you watched as a piece dropped on her tongue.