5

Once I made it to ja's house I grabbed a snack and sat in the living room . I turned on the Tv and went on my phone , responding to Kay Kay's text .

KayKay; waddup sis ? I was just checking up on you I know we ain't talked ina minute but I love you 4L and I miss u like crazy🖤

Me ; I miss u more Kay Kay! Come down here one day and see me ! I love youu🤞🏽

I sat my phone down and heard the door open and close . " Ja !?" I shouted and seen him come around the corner .

" yeah ?" He sat his keys down . " I was just making sure it was you " I said as he sat down .

" what'd you wanna talk about ?" I got up and threw my trash away in the kitchen and he followed me .

"Um.." he sat down in a chair and scratch his neck.

Ja's pov..
*30 minutes before the basketball game hadstarted *

" wassup wit you man? " dtap asked me . We were inside one of the trainers room cause he wanted to talk to me .

" nun, why everybody keep asking me that?" I shrugged.

  " cause it's never like you to go damn near two days without talking to anybody, even Leah !"

" nothing is wrong" I lied and he looked at me like ' lie again' .

  He crossed his arms "it got something to do with me?" He asked and I shook my head no .

" rod?"

I also shook my head to that . " maleah ?" He asked and I slightly nodded . " what happened nigga ?" .

" we kissed..the night of my party when we all went to bed" I told him .

  " u stressing over a lil ass kiss ?" He smacked his lips . I chuckled " this wasn't no lil kiss .." I slightly smiled making his mouth drop .

" what the fuckkk" .

  " You caught feelings didn't you?" He asked . I nodded " ever since I was named rookie of the year I had feelings for her but I thought it was just a phase.. but it's not"

" so go tell her then nigga !" He said making me smack my lips .

" I can't , she even told me that we ain't have to talk about what happened cause there was no feelings involved " .

  " nigga you know how many guys want maleah!? You better tell her before another nigga snatch her up and then all of a sudden y'all not friends no more"

" I-I can't !" I shrugged . " do you want to be with her ?" He asked and I nodded .

" do you love her ?" . " obviously nigga" I looked at him like he was dumb .

  " no I mean , do you LOVE her ?" . I looked at him confused and then realized what he meant .

" I do.." I said quietly.

" then go get yo girl nigga !" .

Maleah pov..

" I know you said we don't have to talk about what happened cause there's no feelings involved..but there is for me " .

I looked at him confused, cause what was he trying to say . " what do you mean ?"

He stood up and started pacing " I like you . Ever since I joined the nba but I tried to ignore it cause I thought it was just a little phase but it's not "

My eyes went wide Making him stop and look at me . "Maybe it is a phase o-or y-"

" it's not a phase maleah , I want to be with you ". He looked me in my eyes .

" can you say something??!" .

"I- I like you too , as much as it should feel wrong, it feels right . But I'm scared .." i twiddled with my fingers , something I do when I'm nervous.

" scared of what ?" He grabbed my hands . " what if 2-3 years from now we don't wanna be together and we stop being friends ? I can't lose you ja , especially not because we decided to get into a relationship ".

" I wanna be with you" he looked me in my eyes . " I wanna spend more than 2-3 years with you cause your my person "

" of course we gone get in arguments and have disagreements but that happens with every relationship . "

I nodded my head and laid it on his chest . He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head " you busy tonight ?"

I shook my head no . " give me 15 minutes so I can get in the shower and imma take you somewhere " he let go of me .

  " we can't just stay in tonight ?" I groaned . " nope. You gone like it , and you might wanna change into something more comfortable " He pointed to my outfit.

I chuckled " where do you keep some of my clothes at?" I asked as we went upstairs and he lead me to his closet .

  " lemme get in the shower real quick " he grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom .

I found my grey biker shorts and threw on one of his light blue hoodies .

I walked back into his room and sighed , this man can't keep this room clean for at least a day . I grabbed all the clothes on his bed and put them in a hamper and then made up his bed .

  I sprayed some fabreeze around and cleaned off his desk where his games were set up .

" what are you doing?" . I turned around and ja was standing there shirtless with grey sweats . " cleaning your room, duh"

He looked around and then sat on his bed . " thank you"

  " ain't nun I never did before " I shrugged making both of us laugh .

" could you find me a shirt or sweater?" He asked and I nodded . I picked out a dark green sweater and a white beater to go under .

  " here you go " I handed it to him and he put it on . " you always stealing my sweaters" he tugged at the bottom of mine .

  " they're comfortable " I chuckled . We went downstairs and he turned off most of the lights " where are we even going?" I asked and we walked to his car .

He opened d the door " you'll see when we get there"