Chapter 43: Dinner

At the end of March, Ji's Group held a charity dinner. The old lady Ji sent invitation letters to both sisters Jibai and Ji Fei, so that they would come to the dinner.

On the phone, the old lady Ji told Jibai that she could bring friends with her.

Jibai didn't understand the meaning of the old lady at the beginning. She thought that she could bring a girlfriend. The old lady smiled kindly and said that she was not allowed to bring a girl. If you have a boyfriend, you can bring your boyfriend, because the attendees They are both in pairs, gentlemen will not let ladies stand alone.

Only then did Jibai figure out that grandma meant to let her take a boy as a companion.

"Last year at the annual meeting, I saw you chatting well with the guy from the Li family. I heard that your quiet sister said that she wanted to invite him to be her male partner. If you get along with him, you should start early."

Ji Bai suddenly realized that the old lady Ji was here to inform her, she was a little bit dumbfounded: "It's okay, since Ji Jing wants to invite Brother Li Chen, I will not fight with my sister."

The old lady Ji smiled: "Grandma knows that you have a good temper, but some things, such as a boyfriend, and your own future, need to be won by yourself. If you do nothing, good things will not Bring it to the door by yourself, understand?"

Jibai understands the old lady's implication, and her future is nothing more. She will naturally fight for herself, but it's just a boyfriend... grandma must have misunderstood what she and Li Chen have.

"grandmother..."

"Okay, I won't say much. Everything is up to you. In short, don't be alone. You don't want to be called Li Chen. You can call your best classmate or friend in school. If you don't have a suit, tell grandma With a sigh, grandma helps him order."

"Well, thank you grandma."

Not long after Jibai hung up, he received a text message from Chen Zheyang——

"For nothing, do you have an appointment for the charity dinner? If not, I want to be your company."

If Ji Bai wants to make Ji Feifei uncomfortable, she can of course agree to Chen Zheyang's invitation, but now, Ji Bai is not willing to forcibly endure the nausea and dealing with Chen Zheyang, Ji Feifei does not deserve her to do so.

Jibai bluntly refused: "Sorry, I already have an appointment."

Chen Zheyang seemed disappointed, and replied: "Well, it seems that I am late."

Jibai put down the phone and continued to do the exercises, without taking this matter to heart. That night, Li Chen actually sent a message to Jibai, asking her if she hadn't found a male partner, maybe she could go to a banquet together.

So far, Li Chen should be the most popular candidate. Even the cousin Silent, who has always been arrogant and does not put any brothers and sisters of the same age in his eyes, wants to invite Li Chen.

But Li Chen issued an invitation to Jibai.

Jibai put down the pen in his hand and looked out the window. As night fell, the lights came on, and a night rain made the streets soggy with light.

Without hesitation, she sent a message back to Li Chen: "Sorry, Brother Li Chen, I have already invited other friends here."

"That's really unfortunate." Li Chen said half jokingly: "Then if there is the next chance, we can be together."

"Ok."

After rejecting Li Chen, Jibai felt a sigh of relief, as if she had lifted the heavy burden on her heart.