chapter 46 | grateful

☁︎︎

☁︎︎

Bored.

I'm so bored today.

Kai is here with Laila and I and we have nothing to do.

I'm still very nervous for this custody battle and I don't want to go to it.

Kai walks into the living room with Laila on his hip and a envelope in his hands.

"This is for you," he says and I take it from him.

It's from the same person the custody letter was from.

I open it nervously before starting to read.

Aulora Madden,

Due to many reasons the court case that was made to grant your mother custody of Laila has now been canceled. You're mother has forfeited the lawsuit. Take care.

Judge,
Henry

I sit here stunned.

I get to keep my baby...

My eyes start to blur with happy tears as I stare at the letter Kai gave me.

"What's wrong baby?," he asks me and I just put my head in my hands and cry.

I instantly feel his arms wrap around me and him pulling me into him tightly.

"I can keep my baby," I whisper and he pulls away looking at me shocked.

"You're serious?," he asks me as his eyes well up with tears too.

I nod my head and hand him the letter.

He grabs it and reads it thoroughly before a tear drops down his face and he smiles at me.

He quickly hugs me as we both cry.

"Our baby isn't going anywhere," I whisper in disbelief.

Laila is sitting on the floor chewing on her feet as me and Kai cry.

She looks up at us and sees us crying and her lip starts to wobble before she breaks into sobs.

I quickly get up and go pick her up.

"No baby, don't cry we're okay," I rock her back and fourth as I speak to her gently.

She continues sobbing as she clings onto me.

Kai comes behind her and puts his hands out for him to hold her.