Chapter Fifty Four

Leave me out with the waste This is not what I do It's the wrong kind of place To be thinking of you It's the wrong time For somebody new It's a small crime And I've got no excuse. Is that alright? Give my gun away when it's loaded Is that alright? If you don't shoot it how am I supposed to hold it Is that alright? Give my gun away when it's loaded Is that alright With you?

                                 --Damien Rice & Lisa Hannigan, 9 Crimes.

Chapter Fifty Four

Lauren's Point Of View:

Ryan threw me down on the bed, I looked around frantically for some sort of escape route, but there was none, the only one was a door but it was closely guarded by a man in a black suit. I got up off the bed and stormed up to Ryan, I tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around and I punched him right in the face before making a run for it, something locked around my waist and pulled me backwards. Whatever it was we both fell backwards onto the bed, I wriggled violently to get out out it's grip. I was set on my feet and spun around to face my enemy, Ryan's eyes met mine. 'I'm not going to hurt you' Ryan warned. 'But if you push me, I won't hesitate'

'What do you want with me?' I demanded, I was very aware of how different my voice sounded, it sounded so aggressive and dangerous-this was a first, Sorcha or Adrienne was normally the aggressive one out of us.

'Nothing...' Ryan panted, sweat dripping from his face. I grimaced and stepped back a little. Ryan looked like he as thinking before he said. 'I'm going to help you get out of here..' I gasped, and my eyes widened in surprise.

'What's in it for you?' I demanded, making my facial expression go hard and my voice sound extremely cold.

'Nothing,' Ryan replied. 'I just think that what Samuel is doing is too much, I don't think that he should've brought you and your friends into this'

'So why did you just take me out?' I hissed, getting annoyed. 'What about my friends?'

'I told Samuel that I wanted to pick one of you to marry and announce our engagement to the Fire Nation-and it will bring Adrienne here for him to deal with-That was all a lie...I want to help, I'll have to think of another plan to get your friends out...'

'You better!' I hissed. 'So, what now?'

Ryan shrugged and sat down on the bed, placing his head in his hands. 'I take you to Adrienne' I sent him another shocking look, there had to be some sort of catch behind this. Ryan can't just let me go like that. 'Seriously?-No joke?' I questioned, Ryan looked at me and shook his head. I grinned to myself, I'll finally get to see Seth again. I bet he's probably going bonkers over that fact that I'd been kidnapped, I smiled at that.

'You must miss him a lot' Ryan concluded, watching me curiously.

'Yeah...I missed his birthday' I frowned, fiddling with my clothes. I hadn't changed since, we'd been stolen, except the cold showers that we'd been recieving since we got here. 'Can I take a shower before I go?' Ryan nodded slowly.

'This is Adrienne's room, her clothes and stuff are still there so I guess you could wear some of those...' Ryan explained getting up and heading to the door. 'I'll be waiting outside this door'

I nodded and started walking toward the bathroom area, I stopped and turned around. 'Oh, and Ryan?' Ryan sighed and turned around. 'Yeah...?' I smiled and said. 'Thank you...for all of this'

Ryan nodded and smiled back. 'De Nada...' I arched my eyebrow in confusion, Ryan chuckled and said. 'It's Spanish for you welcome' I laughed and nodded slowly, I was never good at modern languages in school. I continued into the shower, I scanned the clothing area. I picked out a blue summer dress, a white cardigan and a pair of sandles. I stepped into the shower, the moment the warm water hit me I let out a sigh of relief. I washed my hair, feeling extremely relaxed, I spent over an hour in the shower before stepping out and towel drying my hair.