Chapter Thirty One.

'Just Gonna Stand There And Watch Me Burn? That's Alright Because I Like The Way It Hurts...Just Gonna Stand There And Watch Me Burn, That's Alright Because I Love The Way You Lie...Love The Way You Lie'

                                                   --Eminem & Rihanna, Love The Way You Lie

Chapter Thirty One:

Jacob’s Point Of View: 

We’d been in the hospital for a couple of hours now, two reasons the first was because Adrienne still believed that her mother was playing a prank on her and the second was that they needed to process Caroline’s death certificate. I sat with Adie in the waiting room, she didn’t say a word she just sat on the chair with her legs crossed and her head down on the floor, the tears were dripping onto the marble floor, making small puddles on the floor, I didn’t want to say anything to make her lash out or get angry because Carlisle had to give her some anti-depressant pills so that she wouldn’t cause a scene or anything.

‘Jake…’ Adrienne looked up at me, her face loosing its colour. ‘I wanna go home’ Adrienne leaned over to me and rested her head on my lap; I didn’t know what to do… ‘Take me home, please’ I slowly placed my hand on her head and raked my fingers through her hair.

‘I’ll take you home soon, just go to sleep’ I whispered, kissing her head and looking at the door as I waited for Carlisle to get back. Adrienne’s sobs turned into light, soft snores, I peeped at her face, and she was sleeping.

When Carlisle finally came in he handed me a brown A4 envelope, he was going to say something but kept his mouth closed when he saw Adrienne fast asleep.

‘What are those?’ I asked, gesturing to the white pill box in his hand.

‘Anti-depressants, so she doesn’t get too depressed over her mother’s sudden death’ Carlisle explained. ‘Take care of her Jacob, but don’t rush her, be gentle with her’ I nodded slowly, looking at the pill box all the time. I remember when Dad had to take those after the accident and Mom died.

‘Can I take her home now?’ I asked, taking the pill box from him and not looking at it at all.

‘Yes, you may’ Carlisle nodded. ‘Oh and, Make sure she doesn’t take more than two a day because they have side effects and with her special abilities it might make it harder for you to handle her’

‘What kind of side effects could a box of anti-depressants possibly have?’ I asked, standing up and lifting Adie into my arms. Carlisle started to walk and I began to walk with him.

‘Emotional side effects…’ Carlisle explained. ‘Like if she was in a happy mood she maybe hyperactive or if she was sad…she’d cry a lot, So just watch out for that’ I held Adrienne closer to me as we stepped outside and the wind hit us hard, I laid her down across the backseat of the truck and drove back to her house.

Sorcha’s Point Of View:

Everyone-including Bella and her Dad-were waiting for Jacob and Adrienne to get back, I can’t believe Aunt Caroline is dead. Lauren and I were still in our pajamas, we couldn’t be asked to change because we were so upset, When Jacob came to the hospital Callum made a disappearing act telling me to give his condolences to Adie-Who the bleeding heck does he think he is?

Jacob’s truck pulled up into the drive way and everyone stood up, there was quite a lot of us here, the pack, the Clear Water family and Bella with her Dad not to forget The Cullens-to pay their respects and the wolves actually allowed them!-They looked weird standing here in La Push because everyone was tanned and they were just pale. Paul and Sam helped Jacob get Adrienne out the car, she was fast asleep-oblivious to the world-Lauren sniffled and Seth comforted her as Jacob stood at the front door.