Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty-Four:

Jacob’s Point Of View:

After finally getting Bella up the cliff, I saw that the girls already set a tent up…I could hear two loud out tune voices singing along to a song, Bella groaned and walked over to the tent…I was going to follow her but Edward wanted to have a word with me.

‘Something up?’ I asked.

‘No…I just wanted to know, out of curiosity, what took you guys so long?’ Edward asked, looking at me with one of those few looks he gave me.

‘Uh…Bella and I had quite a lot of talking to do’ I replied, scratching my head and wishing he’d finish the conversation so I can go to Adie.

‘So…You’re with Adrienne?’ Edward smirked.

‘Stay out of my head-and out of hers too’ I snarled under my breath, ‘we’re just friends’ That was a big, fat, white lie and Edward knew it…

‘I know you’re lying, Jacob, when someone looks at something they want…their pupils dilate, I see it all the time when you look at her and visa versa…’ Edward explained, looking up at the sunset…smartass.

‘So your pupils must dilate when you look at Bella, too?’ I made a swift comeback.

Edward chuckled and shook his head. ‘I’m not alive, remember?-The only thing my eyes would probably do is change colour, black when I’m hungry and golden yellow when I’ve hunted’

I nodded in an ‘Oh…’ way. I opened my mouth to say something else when aggressive screams came from Adrienne’s tent, Edward and I raced to the tent, to See Bella fall out-backwards-the tent with Adrienne on top of her clawing at her face.

‘Say it again!’ Adrienne screamed. ‘Go on-I dare you!’ Adrienne had her hands around Bella throat, but she obviously wasn’t trying to strangle her.

‘Get the hell off of me!’ Bella screeched. ‘Edward!’ Bella rolled so now she was un-top of Adrienne, grabbing handfuls of her hair.

‘D’you think we should stop them?’ I asked Edward, without taking my eye off Adrienne.

‘No…The tension between them needs to be relieved’ Edward replied in a gasp as Adrienne got back on top again and continued to yell lots of insanities at Bella, Sorcha and Lauren stood by the tent opening…stone faced.

Seth and Paul came up…they probably heard the screaming. Lauren and Sorcha hurried over to them and we continued to watch the fight proceed.

Bella and Adrienne managed to get to their feet; Adrienne picked up some mud and rubbed it in Bella’s face. ‘Eat dirt bitch!’ Adrienne yelled, as she got Bella in head lock and started hitting her in her head and receiving an ‘Oooh’ sound from the audience of the pack, Edward and I, and Lauren and Sorcha.

Bella punched Adrienne in her stomach causing her to let go of her and grab her hair again…is that all she can do? Everyone was beginning to get worried that Adrienne might actually kill Bella. Edward and I intervened and pulled them apart with me standing between them and Edward holding a mud-faced Bella back.

‘Adrienne, calm down!’ I shouted, over Bella’s jeers towards Adrienne.

‘Is that all you got!?’ Bella taunted.

‘I’ll show you what I’ve got!’ Adrienne tried to run past me when I grabbed her and held her back.

‘Adie-Ignore her!’ I yelled and turned to face Bella, who was still shouting insults.