25 ⇾ trust

"Stupid last-minute AD trips," I mutter as I drag my suitcase down the stairs

If working my ass off for this fucking internship wasn't enough, now the AD team and I have to drive to Philadelphia for a tournament.

The team and I will be out of town for the next 3 days meaning I'll be stuck with Lennox...for 3 days.

Fuck.

Even though he was nice enough to convince Stone to give me a chance at this internship, he wasn't kidding when he said that he wasn't gonna take it easy on me.

He's good.

Very good.

He's probably the biggest competition I've had in a LONG time.

The worst part is that I have to get along with him since we have the same friend group and we're both captains of the AD team.

Usually, I don't get along with my opponents.

"Nova? Are you leaving?" My mom calls out from her office.

"Yeah! I have to drive to school to catch the bus."

I watch as her office doors swing open and she makes her way over to me.

"Okay, I'll miss you cherry. Have fun and don't forget to win." She winks before pulling me into a hug.

My mom can be sweet when she wants.

Even though her voice was full of amusement, I know she wasn't kidding when she told me to win.

My mom hates losing.

Just like Lennox and his dad.

I pull away from the hug and she helps me put my bags in my car before giving me one last hug.

I have to be at the school by 8 PM and it's currently 7:50.

I really suck at timing.

I begin driving like a crazy person so I don't miss the bus.

Once I pull into the school parking lot, I see my teammates getting onto the bus so I quickly rush over and hand my bags over to the driver before getting on the bus.

"She made it!" Someone yells as I'm trying to catch my breath.

"Yep! I made it..." I wheeze as I take my seat.

As you can see, exercise is not my thing.

"I was worried I was going to have to lead this team without you." A voice whispers.

My head shoots up and I suddenly notice Lennox in the seat next to me.

"Oh uh- no, I'm here," I mumble.

"I can see that." He chuckles.

"Why are you sitting next to me?" I ask.

There are only 12 people on this team and we're on a bus...