Departure

"Rosa, wait!"

The firm hand around my wrist causes me to falter in place, my arm getting tugged backwards with the force of me pushing past Luca.

I can't bother looking back at the man. Although I am grateful for the way he's taken care of me when all this shit hit the fan, I can't think straight and act in anger.

Pure rage courses through my body and I tug at the strong grip he's got a hold of me in. Ripping away, all I see is a blaze of red coating my vision as I stalk towards the perpetrator. Each step adds fuel to the flame and my body thrums with exhilaration at the thought of what I'm about to do next.

The man on the receiving end of my wrath looks up in shock, the once cocky and egoistic smirk he was sporting now slips off. His eyes widen in surprise and he takes a step back which just makes my wrath triple fold.

"How fucking dare you?!" The man has no time to respond as I raise my hand, white hot pain thrumming from my palm and up to my hand but I cherish the pain compared to the way the person in front of me stumbles backwards.

"Oof, okay. I deserved that," Rico groans out weakly, face still slapped to the side with the imprint of my hand nicely forming against his tanned skin.

The nonplussed expression vexes me further and the urge to punch him square in the jaw consumes me. Balling up my fist, I move forward to deck him once more but I'm trapped this time when a strong arm wraps around my waist, pushing me back into a firm body and not letting me move even an inch.

"Calm down. He punches back even once and you'll be knocked out on the floor."

Snapping my head to him, I glower at Luca but turn back to Rico who looks ruffled but definitely nowhere close to how he looked when Leo beat him up.

"Listen. I do not give a fuck about the issues between you and my father. Even whatever the hell is going on between you and Luca but you do not come to my mother's grave for whatever screwed up reason going through your mind. Have some respect!"

My breathing runs ragged and I take in a few deep breaths, trying to calm myself. The only satisfaction I get is the state of the man on the opposing end. Rico's eyes are wide and brows raised high, slight apprehension on his face. What brings me great pleasure, however, is the deep mottled blue bruise on the left side of his jaw. The slight cut on his eyebrow leaves an ugly scan but I can't help but smile when I see his previous busted lip now torn open, blood trickling down his lip.

I huff in annoyance when I realise Luca still has a firm grip on me, not letting me go any further.

Rico raises a hand and swipes at his lip, wincing at the sting. The man then glances at his hand and back up to me, a smile coating his lips.

"Damn girl, you didn't hold back. I like my women feisty."

The words make me scrunch up my face in disgust, wanting nothing more than to backhand him again but I stop at the tightening grip from Luca who's latched onto me.

"You've said your piece," Rico begins as he wipes his hand down his white button up shirt, staining it slightly, "Now let me say mine. Do we have a deal?"

A part of me wants to latch onto him again and smack him silly. The part that feels affronted at the thought of my mother still being pushed into petty gang activity even when she's crossed over to the other side. On the other hand, I do want to know why Rico would have the gall to show up to a place like this.

I'm sure it wasn't just on the off chance that he might run into me.

"Fine, but make it quick," I keep my tone cold, the bite in it clear as day and causes the man to nod quickly.