Hallow

"Keep your voice down!"

My scream gets cut off midway. There's no way I can let any sort of sound escape me when a palm is slammed against my face.

"Mmphff."

"I'm going to remove my hand from your mouth. Do not make a sound."

"Fmphm."

I have to hold every urge inside of me to stop myself from biting the hand as the hand is lowered and fresh air enters my mouth.

Swivelling back around, my eyes latch onto charcoal one's I'm not sure I want to see right now.

Grey structured eyes meet mine head on and not a single bit of remorse shines within them. They're clouded over and mysterious, a clear distinction from my own wild ones.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You could've gotten yourself killed!"

An anger like never before made its way through my chest. The hurt that I had been carrying around, ever since all of this went up into flames, now quenched by the absolute irritation and despair I felt.

"What are you doing here, Luca? Last time I saw you, you weren't that keen on hanging around."

My voice comes out stone cold and I watch the man in front of me. It had only been a few days but that changed nothing. He was still the same hauntingly beautiful man. His charcoal grey eyes were darker than ever, appearing almost black. Curled hair fell in ruffles against his forehead from the slight resistance that occurred a few moments ago. His face was slightly unshaven as stubble coated his cheeks.

I'm sure I looked the exact opposite. Luca looked a nice mix of foreboding and dangerous. I looked tired and weary.

You can only deal with so much when everyone around you is lying. It's hard to have a smile plastered on your face.

Fen helped a tad but even that crumbled away in front of the man I felt betrayed by.

Luca's eyes flicker to the side of my head, almost as if he's searching for something.

Searching for what? I'm not sure myself.

"I know what I did wasn't the best move but I did it for a reason."

His tone didn't hold warmth but it wasn't ice cold either. The man was a walking contradiction and I had to break eye contact. The heated moments of that night are branded in my brain. The way our bodies moulded together and our lips danced against each other.

I felt good in those few minutes. Better than I've ever felt before. Then he ripped it all away from me when he turned his back on me.

I didn't want him to flower me with lovey dovey nonsense but I can't lie and say it didn't sting when he flipped his switch. It hurt more than I'd like to admit.

"Are you going to tell me the reason?"

Luca clenched his jaw and stared me straight in the eyes.

"Don't even bother answering me," I interject. I know his answer wouldn't be one I was hoping for.

"It wouldn't be fair to drag you into my mess, Rosa."

The way his lips pursed together to taste out my name. The slight touch of his tongue darting out to wet his lips afterwards... I could almost feel my resolve weakening.

If I hadn't felt so damned hurt, I might have thrown myself at him.

"Yeah. A whole it's not me, it's you situation."