Our Song

Deuce's pov:

I see Alex say goodbye to her mom and talk to Dracula. She doesn't look scared anymore, so that's a plus, but she looks done being social. Once Dracula leaves, I walk up to her wrap my arms around her waist, and ask, "Wanna get out of here?" She nods and we leave. I take her to one of our spots on campus, The Music Room. I watch her face light up with joy once we enter the room. She looks at me and says, "Bub, you wanna sing our song?" I nod and we head over to the piano. I start playing it as she starts to sing.

Alex:♪ I know what it's like to hide in the shadows ♪

♪ Never let anyone ♪

♪ Open up the doors or look through the windows ♪

 I sing :♪ All my life I have been waiting so long ♪

♪ To embrace the light that I find somewhere ♪

♪ That I can belong ♪

♪ And come out of the darkness ♪

♪ I'm ready now ♪

♪ ♪

Together:♪ Ready now ♪

♪ ♪

♪ ♪

She takes over playing and I fall more in love with her.

Alex:♪ I look around and see ♪

♪ A world that's waiting for me ♪

♪ Where I can fit in ♪

♪ And make some real friends ♪

I sing:♪ I'm gonna run through your halls ♪

♪ I wanna do it all ♪

♪ This is my moment ♪

♪ I wanna own it ♪

Together:♪ I always dreamed ♪

♪ Of a perfect place like this ♪

♪ Where I'm not afraid ♪

♪ To be seen ♪

♪ Oh, and I can just be me ♪

♪ This is who I am ♪

Alex:♪ Oh, whoa, oh ♪

♪ And it feels like for the first time ♪

♪ My life can begin ♪

I sing:♪ Oh, whoa, oh ♪

♪ This is where I'm meant to be ♪

♪ And I don't have to hide ♪

♪ This is who I am ♪

Together:♪ Oh, whoa, oh ♪

♪ And I feel like for the first time ♪

♪ I fit in ♪ 

We're both playing the piano together.

Alex:♪ Whoa, oh, whoa, oh ♪

Me: ♪ Oh, oh, whoa, oh ♪

Together:♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh ♪

♪ Whoa, oh ♪

Me:♪ I feel so high off the ground ♪

♪ And I feel my heartbeat is pounding ♪

♪ Finally, you don't wanna ever leave ♪

♪ 'Cause now I know where I'm supposed to be ♪

Alex:♪ This is who I am ♪

♪ Oh, whoa, oh ♪

♪ And it feels like for the first time ♪

♪ My life can begin ♪

♪ Oh, whoa, oh ♪

Together:♪ So I step out into the light ♪

♪ 'Cause this is where I'm meant to be ♪

♪ And I don't have to hide ♪

♪ This is who I am ♪

♪ Oh, whoa, oh ♪

♪ And I feel like for the first time ♪

♪ I fit in ♪ 

When we finish playing and singing, we look at each other and together we lean in. We kiss. The kiss saying exactly what we want to say just without words. After awhile, we pull a part blushing and out of breath. I realized that we need just a day together where it is just us. No phones, no distractions, no friends, no stress, just US. After everything that has happened within the first few weeks of school, we need a day to relax and just be a couple.  I just have to ask. I know we don't have classes this week because of the whole Hyde Jr. thing. So here I go. 

I grab her hands and she looks up at me. I say, "You know since we don't have classes this week because of everything, do you want to go on an adventure with me tomorrow?" She smiles big and says, "YES!!!!!!! Oh boy, do I? You know I love adventures especially when I'm with you." She kisses me and I kiss her back. I need to call my mom and ask her for the ring that my mom and Vanessa picked out and put aside for when I ask Alex to always be mine. I need to call and talk to Vanessa and Alex's siblings. It may seem too soon, but I have loved this girl my entire life and have been wanting to make her my girl since freshman year and I know we have only been dating for four months. Since June 6th, ever since she said yes to being my girlfriend I have been waiting to give her the promise ring our moms picked out.

The ring:

When I notice the silence, I see Alex staring  at the piano

When I notice the silence, I see Alex staring  at the piano. "Do you want to play something?" She nods and I motion for her to start playing. Alex starts playing a well know song between the two of us.  She plays Dusk Till Dawn by Zayn and Sia. 

After we're done singing, Alex starts crying. I pull into my chest and I hold her. "Baby, are you stressed out with school? Do you want to go back to my dorm and relax the whole day, how does that sound?" She nods. "Which part bubs? Both?" She nods. I pick her up bridal style and we go to my dorm room for the rest of the day.