45.

"You know, it's getting late

"You know, it's getting late. Let's go back to the hotel" Taehyung said, not taking his eyes off Jihyun. 

Jihyun nodded in reply.

---------------------------- 

The car ride was not as quite as it usually was. Jihyun was telling Taehyung stories of her in highschool. She described how hard it was to be misunderstood by everyone, somehow people from her school found out about her marrying a rich man at such a young age. 

They would bully her and make fun of her. The people who used to be scared of her, now laughed at her. In thier eyes, she is just a money obsessed h*e, who'd do anything for money. 

-------------

"Why aren't you crying like yesterday? Didn't i tell you the same damn things yesterday too? Why did you cry yesterday but not today?? WILL YOU ONLY CRY IF THE TEACHER IS THERE!!?" She grabbed Jihyun's hair and pulled her face to the front. 

"YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE TO GET ME IN TROUBLE, RIGHT? YOU FUCKING WH*RE" she said , slapping Jihyun and dropping her onto the hard floor, landing a kick on Jihyun's stomach. One kick become two kicks and then a hundred other beatings. 

Jihyun wanted to cry so badly... but no tears would come. 

'why does my personal life affect other's soo much? Was it my fault for being forced into this marriage... I divorced him right... I thought that would be the end' 

The bell rang, makeing her Maya and her gang run off. 

Jihyun layed on the cold floor for a while, there was no one to support her, she couldn't fight back anymore. 

-----------------------

"It was tough, but i changed schools... Still no friends but.. I could atleast study properly for once." She said, with a tiny chuckle in the end, hoping to not make things awkward. 

Taehyung was haert broken, hearing what all Jihyun went through becouse of thier marriage. 

He also noticed how she wasn't yelling at him and telling him that all of this was his fault. Her chuckle didn't stop things from being awkward but it did make Taehyung realise that this topic was somewhat very sensitive to her. She didn't yell at him, slap him or anything physical, she even tried to lighten the mood so Taehyung doesn't feel awkward. 

'is this just her being drunk or she decided to open up to me?' 

He decided to not say anything in reply and just nodded.

"TAEHYUNG STOP!" She shouted as her eyes landed on something soo precious to her. 

She pointed at small building, covered in colourful lights. It wasn't crowded but there were people there even at this hour. 

"...an icecream shop.... You want icecream.... now..?" She nodded enthusiastically.

"...but you just drank alcohol-" 

"PWETTYYYY PLEAASEE!" She shouted with her eyes bulged out.... Which made her look super scary. 

Taehyung nodded and parked the car near the shop before walking behind the big baby who skipped towards the shop. 

-----------------------

"Can we please go now?" Taehyung asked. Jihyun shook her head as a no and continued to stare at the moon. 

Taehyung sighed deeply before standing up from the bench which was right outside the icecream shop. 

"Come one, let's go" and without waiting, he walked off towards the car making Jihyun follow him. 

They both sat in the car and when Taehyung tried to start the car, it wouldn't work. He tried again and again but nothing happened. He sighed deeply once again before walking out of the car and calling the mechanic. Jihyun slowly got off the car and stood next to Taehyung. 

----------------------

They watched their car being toed away to the place where the car dudes is gonna fix the car. 

Taehyung called a taxi to go to the hotel. 

They both sat on the bench, waiting for the taxi. 

Once the taxi came, they both got in. 

The taxi driver asked them a lot of questions. He was a man who looked like he was in his late 40s. Seeing a young male and female together must have made him suspect them. 

Jihyun just sat still while Taehyung would reply with jokes to the driver's questions. The man and Taehyung soon became friends, sharing dad jokes and talking about aliens. It was all too weird for Jihyun so she just fell asleep. 

When the reached the hotel, Taehyung woke Jihyun up and helped her walk till her room. 

He opened the door of her room and slowly walked in, Jihyun still in his arms. He gently laid her down on the bed. He stared at her for a minute before leaving a deep sigh, ready to walk out. 

He was about to reach the door when.. "Taehyung...." He heard Jihyun in a sleepy voice. 

"Yea..?" He replied in his deep and gentle voice. He slowly walked back towards her and sat on the bed near her. 

Jihyun's hand strayed towards his hands. She lightly held his hand before opening her eyes a little bit and looked at him. 

"You know..... It's hard to hate you when you keep being soo friendly to me... but I can't stop hating you.." she said in a sleepy voice, her hand still loosely holding his hand. Taehyung smiled softly before patting her head and walking out of the room. 

His smile slowly faded and was replaced by a frown, he didn't how to say sorry... He didn't know how to make her forget those memories, everything that happened to her kind of felt like it happened because of himself. He felt guilt, sadness and other emotions as he entered his own room. 

---------------------

End of chapter 45

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter.