Chapter Nine

* * *

Andrew had difficulty falling asleep, which caused Sage to switch between both the slumbering males to cuddle with. It wasn't because of Remus in the bed beside him, he could feel something loom—As if something was on the tip of his tongue that it dawned his mind to exhaustion.

However the light pressure on his chest pulled him away from his dream causing a growl to course through the room, it was responded with a questionable one from both Sage and Remus.

Though the whine had been the one to truly woke him up entirely, the weight had felt much larger now, nuzzling to his chest and a smile sparked on his face.

Rue had snuck out of her room to see her parents, and from the obvious flowers and such on the nightstand beside him—He assumed that she was expecting her mom instead. So he held her in an attempt of getting her closer to her mama.

Instinctually Sage had gone to reach forward to the pup and snuggle her to her chest, leaving the little girl to surprise her with a sharp bite.

Sage instantly popped open her eyes to see Rue starting to enjoy her mother's hand as she teethed and made the tension in her jaw and teeth a little less painful.

"Rue, not a toy," Sage claimed, sleep echoing each word as she sent another kiss or two to settle the energetic pup. Remus could feel either of his females near him and wrapped an arm over Sage's chest over Rue, while Andrew couldn't hold back his temptation and held an arm over Sage's womb.

While the retaliation was the closest thing to his mind, he decided to settle it with the small movement of Sage's stomach rising and falling with her breath.

Though their peaceful morning had soon been interrupted, Hayes wanted to talk to Remus separately—Saying that he spoke with Sage and pushed forward the decision that was fated by the goddess. But with him not being in his office like he said, he'd decide to see his daughter instead.

But the view he uncovered was something that no father would wish to see ever.

"Goddess, have mercy on my heart. No! No way in fucking hell!" The shouting had made either of the males jump at attention, while Sage had flipped herself over and made sure that Rue was protected underneath her.

What could only be described as a scoff as she whipped her hands down her face to look at her father. "Good morning." She says with a slight yawn, which Rue copied. Earning her a giggle from her mother and a bit of laughter from the other males in the room.

"I need to have a word with you two. It's not up for discussion, Sage. And it starts with this sleeping arrangement." It instantly earned the former Alpha crossed arms, which of course he growled in the instance. But she no longer held an effect of his voice and thus, tilted her head.

"Coffee and tea first, then talk."
"Eggies!" Rue's announcement made Sage internally relax as the pup returned back to skin and tackled her mama.

Hayes didn't give the males a chance to fight him in leaving the room, though he was much more lenient on Remus rising up to his feet and grabbing his cane.

"Remember whose house this is, Hayden." While it should've earned him another growl, a smile popped up.
"I know, just a friendly fatherly reminder." With Rue properly in her hold and a robe around her body, she peeked her head into the pup's room to see that Jade was already changing Hardin.

"Good morning," Sage greeted walking off towards the closet to see what Rue could wear, but Jade stopped her.
"That duffle bag is filled with Rue's things, I usually just let her pick what she wants to wear." Clearly, the pup was infatuated with just being in her mother's arms that she hadn't caught what Auntie Jade had said, so when Sage bent down to check through the bag—It caught her attention outright.