Chapter Forty-Five

* * *

There were only a few times in Blake's life where he was referred to as looking like his father, and the only memories the former Rogue had—Were blurred over time. Replaced by unknown voices more than anything. But to see this male, this stranger, standing in front of him with such an emotional touch and claiming that he looked like his father?

That was too much for him to bear.

"Uh..."

"Bryson. Bryson a-and Riley. They were your parents, weren't they?" That had instantly caused him to take cautious steps back, ones that were replaced by Sage who did not want this male to push his luck.

Especially when he was hurting Blake.

"Ha! Oh goddess—Dan—It's his boy! It's him!" The tears rushed forward as Brody tackled Blake with a hug. Nothing threatening or damning about the gesture, but Sage was left standing to the side—Having been pulled back by Remus.

"You knew my parents?"

"Knew them?! I'm your Uncle! Your father's brother. Course, I've seen better days. Oh, Carter! Carter, come meet your cousin." Blake had nearly toppled to the floor if it wasn't for Andrew and Grey having taken hold of him on either side.

But that still didn't help the poor male rectify the ache in his stomach. He was going to be sick if he didn't get an answer soon.

"Cousin?! Dad, come on. He doesn't look anything like Uncle Bryson."

"Careful, boy. You're on thin ice as is. Threatening a harmless group—They were praying for Moon's sake! And if you had any clue about the updates we've been getting, you'd know who she is!"

"She's a twig!" Why was it that everyone in the world seemed to call Sage a twig, hell, the poor female hardly knew what a twig even was. She just knew it was an insult.

One that caused five pairs of arms to layer themselves in front of her at the mere chance she thought to go after him. Again.

"Careful, male." She warned.

"Sounds likes he wants to go into the ring, Sagey." Blake smirked, knowing full well that his cousin wouldn't last thirty seconds at most with her.

Not with what's happened so far.

"Bryson Carter, you apologize to the Luna this instance...This generation, what have we been raising?" Brody questioned, his hand running through his hair in defeat.

"Living here does not help wolf grow. Doesn't help me grow. Wolf needs sun and woods, and to hunt." Sage spoke, even though the question was not directed at her, she still answered it.

"We hunt just fine, Luna." Sage had no doubt that there were some hunting parties going on around them, but these two were sheltered beyond belief.

So much so that Chloe couldn't even manage to take handle of meeting those of her own rank.

"Squirrels don't count."

"Anyway—" Hayes tried to segway, and once again, the same set of hands had reverted back to Sage to keep her contained.
"Sage, I love you—Right? This sassy shit has to calm down." Blake whispered directly into her ear, hoping she managed.

"Alpha Daniel thinks I'm funny." She pointed, and Chloe seethed in her father's direction. Disbelief ran across her face.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. But Luna Sage—Alpha Sage, I should say, is right. I have sheltered this pack from any and all other packs. While I know you would do wonderful during an Alpha or Luna meeting at the former council. You do not know how to speak with another set of an Alpha couple. Which is why I wanted you to read your sister's notes, not just listen to Carter." The hands still lingered around Sage, and in one squint of her eyes, they were all swung back to their designated sides.