Chapter Thirteen

* * *

Besides the small spat between Andrew and Jade, the two had turned rather civil—Though that didn't mean that they were going to become best friends anytime soon.

Even if Jade would be considered an aunt to the 'almost' pup.

As of yet, the house was filled just the same in addition to witches. As it was decided that a mind swap could potentially give them the answers they craved. It was important for them to check their mental health before performing such a complicated spell with Sage and Willow.
With the possibility of Willow being rather low and unstable, there was a risk.

A high one.

The witches had laid out all the options, but nothing fatal. Yet one that stayed in Remus' mind was the mere thought of them becoming stuck.

It didn't allow for either of the males to sleep, not to mention it left Sage quaking at the mere possibility of going back to the mental and physical torture of being within the Underground.

The twist of all this was the excitement that was buzzing around the Moon household. While Sage was holding her tail between her legs, her siblings and father were counting down to the very minute.

Was it wrong?
Sage didn't want to stop the casting, not when it could give them clues or hints. But she was the one who had to endure it.

"Remember, Sage, we will set a timer. It could be difficult for us to hear you from your end, but if something is wrong or you've been caught, say the words." Aurelia's encouragement and a reminder of the safe words didn't stop the she-wolf from gnawing on her lip.

Her family looked at her like she was a savior, and yet it didn't feel that way at all.
She felt horrified by what could happen. Scared, even.

Especially when she caught sight of the den having turned into an empty prayer circle. The witches were already getting to work on the blessing station, they would be the outer rim as the wolves didn't have the magical capabilities to maintain anything.

"Raven, can you put ten minutes on the clock?" Her aunt called out, but Harlow frowned.
"What if we need more time with—"
"I think ten minutes is plenty, remember where your sister is going." Remus bit back, and it was as if that moment his words dumped cold water onto the Mystic members.

Hayden became the most distraught over it.

"Sage..."
"No, we need to find mom. Ten minutes is okay. We can go again another time." Aurelia nodded to the hybrid's words, and thus the room had finally begun to settle. The lights started to dim, leaving the den to be pitch black—the curtains having been layered to keep the sun rays out.

They didn't need any outside sources peeking into what they were doing, not when demons and other beings were lurking about. However, upon seeing the offered blindfold, Sage gulped.

It was better to be safe than sorry, especially when Willow's mind could be looked through and tormented for information. Which is why one of Sage's senses would be blocked off.
Even with Remus being the one to tie it around her head, it didn't calm her wolf, not one bit.

Andrew had to keep himself planted on the opposite side of the Alpha as he had no place in this, but his anxiety was still rising tenfold.

With it secured into place, the enchanted humming started to fill the room. The scent of lavender and sage permeated the room and made the wolves' nostrils water at how strong it was on them. But it was all necessary to the process, as was the prominent candle in the middle—Its purple coloring had been blessed and given Sage's blood, right alongside her siblings and father.