Chapter 22: "New year's eve"

I woke up and Dani was wrapped around me sleeping, we were still naked from yesterday and the cover has fallen off, I was freezing, but couldn’t move without waking Dani up.

-“Babe?” She mumbled and I leaned in and kissed the top of her head.

-“I’m here”

-“I’m cold” I got up and lifted the covers off the floor, pulled them over us, and cuddled her, she kept sleeping.

She woke up an hour later, we wore our pajamas and went to the kitchen.

-“Good morning girls” Her parents greeted us.

-“Good morning mum, dad”

-“Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Miller”

Her mum eyed Danielle carefully and a smile appeared on her face.

-“Someone had fun last night” she chuckled

-“What?” Dani asked shocked and I chuckled, I could tell she was looking at her neck.

-“Your neck Dani” she said amused and her dad giggled. Dani moved her hand to cover them and turned to look at me. I smiled and she raised her eyebrows.

-“Any last words Cam?” she asked

-“No regrets” I chuckled and ran away from her, she chased me around the house and tackled me on the couch. I was giggling and she was smirking.

-“I should punish you for it” she winked and I pecked her lips. We got up and got dressed to go outside. We went to the backyard and sat on one of the benches, it was snowing but we were under a shed.

-“It’s beautiful out here” I said and she cupped my cheek and kissed me, she pulled away and I looked her in the eyes. My heart started beating faster.

-“I…” I trailed off, I couldn’t say it, not yet, it was too early and I was going to scare her away. Her eyes widened and she looked scared of what I might say. “I think hot chocolate would be a good idea” I smiled and she sighed in relief.

-“I’ll go make us some” She jumped up and almost run inside. Great, I scared her away.

I walked around anxiously waiting for her to come back, her mum came outside and approached me.

-“Is everything alright Cam?” I shrugged. “Did you and Dani fight?”

-“No, nothing like that”

-“She seemed troubled, that’s why I’m asking”

-“I think she felt like we are moving too fast and she got scared, but I don’t know”

-“Listen Cam, it’s hard for Dani to trust again, you need to take things slow with her, you need to have patience, otherwise, this won’t work”

-“I know, I’m trying.”

Dani came outside and handed me the hot chocolate, she didn’t say a word and went to sit on the bench, her mum patted my back and I went to Dani.

-“Babe” I said and she looked up.

-“Cam, I don’t know if I can do this” She said and my heart dropped, was she breaking up with me?

-"What?” I asked confused.

-“I’m sorry Cam” I felt my heart breaking to a million pieces.

-“Dani, please tell me what I did wrong, I will try to make things right”

-“I’m sorry Cam, it wasn’t something you did, it’s my problem” I was about to break down, but I didn’t want to, not in front of her.

-“I’ll go to a hotel for the rest of our time here, I will leave later today”