Chapter 38: "I'm scared Cam"

The next morning I woke up to Dani’s voice, she was talking on the phone and she sounded upset.

-“Babe, is everything ok?” I asked as she hung up

-“Uh? Sorry for waking you up”

-“It’s ok, is everything ok?” She sighed and shook her head no.

-“My dad is in the hospital” I pulled her into a hug

-“What happened?”

-“He got really sick and yesterday he passed out and they rushed him to the hospital, he hasn’t woken up yet” a tear escaped her eyes.

-“Babe, I’m sure he’s going to be okay”

-“I think I should go visit them, if anything happens I want to be there”

-“You should go, I’m sure nothing is going to happen, but you should be by his side” She nodded. “You should leave today, I’ll help you pack”

-“You are amazing Cam” She said and hugged me again.

We got up and she groaned.

-“Is everything ok Ms. Miller?” I smirked, she blushed and looked away.

-“Yes, I…uh… I’m just sore” I chuckled and pecked her lips. I helped her pack and she drove me to my house.

-“Be careful, and don’t speed. If you need anything give me a call alright?”

-“Yes baby, thank you”

I watched Dani drive off and got inside.

-“Already? I thought you’d spent the whole weekend with her” My dad said

-“Her dad got sick and she had to leave”

-“Oh, shit, I hope he is ok. Poor Dani, you should have gone with her” I looked at him surprised.

-“I would probably have to skip school dad”

-“Yeah… but she needs someone to be there for her if anything happens” I thought about what he said and shrugged.

-“If anything happens I can always go to her, I have my bike” He nodded and I went in my room. I did my homework and studied for school to keep my mind occupied. I hadn’t even realized how much time has passed until I got a text from Dani.

-“I’m home baby, no need to worry” Have I been studying for six hours? Who am I?

-“Any news from the hospital?”

-“He is awake and stable, we’ll be allowed to visit tomorrow”

-“Aw babe, that’s great news”

-“Yeah, I guess”

-“Do you want me to call you?”

-“Yes please” I smiled at her text, she’s so soft and cute. I called her and we talked for an hour and a half. I then texted Izzy and Ed and we talked about last night, they told me how their night went and I told them about mine.

On Sunday morning I texted Dani but she didn’t answer, she was probably with her dad. I met for coffee with my friends and we were talking when my phone rang.

-“Babe, is everything ok? Did you see your dad? How is he?”

-“Hey baby, yes I saw him. He is better, but he’ll need some time to get back on his feet he had a hard time breathing and that’s why he passed out. It was awful seeing him laying there with an oxygen mask, connected to all these machines” She sniffled.